• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

chazcron's workshop

Started by chazcron, June 22, 2006, 11:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chazcron

I've been fortunate to do have done 7 so far. Here are a few:

BuckMountainArts

HEY there, i love doing this work. it is great to see this up and running....
been looking forward to it.

i wanted to show my first one!!
working on my second.

ill look fwd to hearing from any of you!!

Joanna

This one below was not my final send.... but only minutes before.
On the eye: i copied the right eye, flipped it and blended it in.....

pcraft

Cool restoration on the coloured photo Chazcron ...  I'd like to see the results of the black and white also...   :)
Keep up the good work...   :)

pcraft

Hi Joanna!  Isn't this restoration fun?  Very nice effort Joanna...   :)

BuckMountainArts

Oh the most fun ive had yet in the "grafik" world.  ;D  want to quit my job slapping around magazine layouts JUST do do this and this alone!!! it is the most gratifying.
one day!

great hearing from you....

JoaNNa

chazcron

Quote from: pcraft on June 23, 2006, 07:42:22 PM
Cool restoration on the coloured photo Chazcron ...  I'd like to see the results of the black and white also...   :)
Keep up the good work...   :)

If you mean the first image, it is an animated gif. If you stare at it for a few seconds, it should change. If it doesn't for you, let me know and I'll upload a static image.

drcode

The color photo restauration is really excellent, IMHO... especially the way you removed the high-frequency damage from the older man with glasses was quite a feat!

On the black and white image, which is overall really excellent as well, I just keep wondering if the woman's right (from her view) lower jaw/lip is really that droopy in the original... I can see that the is some sort of "lightness" in the image that suggests a jaw line that is that low, but I'm thinking that that may just be an artifact of the damage... I can understand why you felt that it had to be restored that way from the base image, but that is definitely a difficult spot to restore, by any standard... 

chazcron

Thank you, you are probably right about the jaw. Just an educated guess. I appreciate your fresh perspective.

Dave

I agree with the good doctor. I think the woman's jaw in the b&W was probably less square in the original. The color restoration is amazing.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Peter_AUS

The left jaw of the woman in the black and white needs to extend a bit more outwards, seems to have removed some in the restoration.  Although it is still very well done.  Be nice to see them side by side like the colour one as well, the fade in and out makes it hard to compare.

You all make me cry at my lack of skills, I hope I will learn doing this maybe on the easier ones first.
Regards,

Peter