• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Colorblock Boy - First Restore

Started by HeidiB, October 01, 2008, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeidiB

Hi - Here's my first attempt, hope it is OK. 

Isn't he a cutie?  My son had the very same shirt when he was about this age.  Based on that, my guess is that this boy is now about 16 years old. 

Any suggestions for improvement are welcome!

Hum...now to figure out how to add the photos here?!

Tess (Tassie D)

Heidi if you use photobucket you just copy the 4th code down under the photo and paste it here. Otherwise use the insert image button in reply and paste the hyperlink into the pop up box.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Nearly got it Heidi. If you look under the photos you will see 4 lines. You need to copy the 4th one down.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

HeidiB

Thank you so much for your help!  Here we go.  I had copied the other link before I confirmed the download. 

IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll28/HeidifromWI/OPR/ColorblockBoyOrig-Copy.jpg[/IMG]

Tess (Tassie D)

You have done a beautiful job on this little cutie Heidi. :up: I can't see anything left to do on him. He's ready to go home.

Here's the original, it was just missing a [ off the front of the first link.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Very nice job, Heidi. The boy looks great. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

klassylady25

glennab

Heidi, he looks wonderful.  You did a fine job.  If you're like me, you probably fell in love with this little sweetie. Everyone whose restoration I've completed becomes family, and the kids especially touch my heart.

Bless

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

HeidiB

Yes Glenna, I did fall in love with him!

I think I might be working on his sister now.   :)

Any suggestions for the area around her left eye?  I don't know how to make the repair area look less plastic.  Also, do you think her upper lid area is too dark? 

glennab

Heidi, try using the patch tool for her eye area.  If you make a small selection where you want to return to skin texture and then move the selection to an area of good skin and click off, it should do the trick.  The REAL trick is to stay away from any areas of contrast, because it'll bleed into the patch.  Even a couple pixels away seems to work.  I've had good luck with the patch tool on faces where I've had to clone or "paint" and want the photographic look returned to those areas.

I think you did a fine restore on this one.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

HeidiB

Thanks, Glenna.  I think this is better.    See what you think when you have a moment.  Thanks for your input! 

glennab

Heidi, I think she looks great.  You're the best judge of the area of concern, because you can see the detail beter.  If you're happy with her, let her go home with her brother!  Nice work.

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)