• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Fwwdback

Started by recycledhippy, October 06, 2008, 04:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Hi

I hope this does not sound out of place

Recently I completed my first two restores for OPR
To say I completed work I never thought I was capable of is an understatement to say the least
I now have a great feeling of satisfaction,

I dont want to sound big headed - just the opposite is true
What I am wondering is :- do we ever get to see feedback from the 'owners'?
I would like to read their comments - if possible

I certainly look forward completing many more

Regards
Hippy

Mhayes

Hi Hippy,

This does not sound out of place at all and we do post thank you notes from owner when they come in, whether it be by a phone message, email, or by regular mail. Will you ever get feedback specifically for your work alone, probably not. We send out all of the family's photos in a group and their response is usually for the entire work. Sometimes we have volunteers who work all of the family's photos and when a thank you comes through, then the volunteer knows they are referring to their work. The other exception is when we have a really difficult photo and we are not sure of and we will either speak to the owner or let them see the work in progress to get some guidance.

We will post the thank you notes as they come in and yes, it is disappointing not to see more of them. When we call the owners to tell them their photos will coming to them shortly, we give a hint that it would be great to hear back from them since it is the biggest reward our volunteers get. However, if you ever get to go on a copy run, you will have no doubt how much they value what we are doing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]