• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello

Started by CherylH, September 27, 2008, 09:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherylH

I am so excited to have joined this wonderful group.  It has been my dream to get into photography and restoration for some time now.  My retirement plan as such.  But thanks to being laid off from my job I have been given the opportunity now to jump in with both feet.  This is such a great opportunity.  Thank you for making it available. :D
Cheryl H
What if you chase your dream and it all works our right?

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Cheryl, welcome to the gang. Sorry to hear you were laid off from your job. We will have plenty here to keep you busy. >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Cheryl, we are happy to have you here, but sorry you had to get laid off. I was almost in the same boat, since I got laid off from my job in aerospace and decided to go back to college to study graphic arts. After taking a course in PhotoShop, I was hooked! I too love photography and OPR gives you a chance to learn new skills, but also make a difference.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, Cheryl! You'll enjoy this group. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum.
This a great and fun place to learn all there is to know about photo restoration.  Folks here are always willing to help and be helped. 

Hope you are having fun restoring your first photo!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Cheryl and welcome!

I'm sorry you were laid off, but on the other hand I'm delighted that you took the opportunity to join us (I believe that's called "making lemonade").  The forum tends to be a bit of a "looney bin"  but we have fun interacting with each other and helping where we can.  Don't hesitate to post a work in progress if you need feedback.  Once you finish a few of these you'll be able to restore anything "normal" that comes your way if you start you own business.  OPR University – I like the sound of that! I'm glad you're here!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Welcome Cheryl, we're happy to have you here with us................Mary

Ratz

Nice to meet you Cheryl, you'll love it here!

Dave

Thanks for helping out Cheryl.

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

HeidiR

I am new to the group as well!  This is a wonderful way to benefit talents and help people remember what they thought they lost.

glennab

Heidi, welcome!

You're right.  I've been on OPR since the beginning, and I can assure that this "job" will enrich your life beyond belief.  And you're in great company.  I can't imagine a more wonderful group of people than this huge-hearted global community.  Be sure to make yourself known on the forum if you need any help or advice.  We've all run into snags, and many people jump in to offer suggestions, observations and whatever help we can supply.  I wouldn't have gotten through my toughest ones without a lot of help from my friends!

Bless you for wanting to be part of this effort.

Glenna (aka GK)
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the gang Heidi. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Heidi and welcome to the forum, I'm glad you've joined us!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

HeidiB

Big Hellos from another Heidi.  I'm anxious to get started.  What a great cause and the group equally as gracious.  Now, off to ask for my first assignment.   :)

Tess (Tassie D)

Welcome to the forum Heidi. We will have to call you HeidiB so we don't get confused. :) Glad you could join us.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]