• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Review time

Started by G3User, September 22, 2008, 08:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

This turned out to be an exercise in texture, noise and grunge. I didn't try to remove the minor grunge as the result looked too artificial. I have kept it as multiple layers, adding noise etc to try and achieve a relatively even appearance. Thanks for the tut Mary.

Just run off an A4 print to check but I need suggestions for the shape of the woman's hair to continue

Great to see all the activity from new members

Athol

mitzs

hi g3 it is nice to meet you, and a little trick I stumbled upon today. If you put them on a new layer then hit ctrl/I and then drop an overlay on that bad boy. It appears to me that the woman is wearning a bonnet. Like what you see the amish wearing now adays. it doesn't come all the way up the head.

GP

Athol, you picked a real challenge there. I don't have any idea if the lady wears anything on her head or if it is just damage. Is there maybe some other photo for reference?
You cleaned it up already nicely.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

G3User

Thanks for the input Mitzs and Gerlinde.

I doubt that she is wearing a bonnet, in the 100% crop the white area to the right of her hair looks like more damage to the emulsion of the print.

Unless anyone else has a suggestion I will give her a short hair, just below the ears and straight.

Athol

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Athol, you've done a great job on a real mess. I think your idea of the short, straight hair is probably the safest. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

I'm thinking maybe her hair is up? In a bun?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

mitzs

QuoteI doubt that she is wearing a bonnet, in the 100% crop the white area to the right of her hair looks like more damage to the emulsion of the print

Ah I see. The right side is what I was looking at too. I thought it had a little thickness there and it reminded me of one of those half bonnets. These pictures are tricky! I am learning tons of stuff though to look at them better. I would have never thought to crop something to see it better.

G3User

A bun sounds excellent Kiska, thanks

Mitzs, most of the comments are sought from reduced size images so a 100% crop of a critical part of the original gives the best opportunity for input. Should have though of it when I posted the request.

Back to work on a bun

Athol

klassylady25

Lots of detail missing.  If there is a bun it's not showing.

kiska

I meant by a bun that long hair would not be showing. The top of her right ear is visible and the era in general; that's why I thought bun. You wouldn't be able to see it I don't think.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

G3User

Hi Candice

I suspect from the tilt of her head that a bun would not have shown at the back of her head. However her hair seems to be above her ear suggesting it is drawn back though whether to a bun or not, who can tell. I will see where I get to and post again.

Athol