• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi, I'm Pete

Started by old.geezer, September 25, 2008, 03:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old.geezer

I also found this site from the NAPP site and hope I can do my bit for this site.  :up:
Pete Bird

weewood

Welcome aboard, Pete.  Its great to have you join us. I'm also a NAPP member. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mschonher

Hi Pete, welcome to our great organization, we're happy to have you join us. It's so great to have all of you new volunteers.

Mary

Mhayes

Hi Pete, welcome to OPR! I'm also a NAPP member and when the call went out on NAPP's forum to help OPR, the response was unbelievable! Everyone here is so happy to have NAPP members join in with our rescue operation. Thanks for volunteering.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Great, another volunteer!  Welcome to the forum Pete, I'm glad you joined us.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

old.geezer

Well guys & Gals, Some great work done here. I am so pleased to be part of this great site.

Thanks for the welcome, I hope I can be of some use, even if its just making the coffee ! :wnw:
Pete Bird

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Pete, welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can find you something more to do than making coffee.  >:D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Pete

Welcome to OPR world!  I joined about 2 1/2 years ago because of a little write-up on the NAPP web newsletter, and it's been one of the best things I ever did for myself.  If you jump in and join the forum, and once you've completed a few restorations, you'll love being an OPR-ster.  I'm glad you're with us!

Cheers

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Hi Pete, nice to have you join us, you are on the dark side now!!! >:D

Hannie

Pete, I'll have mine black, no sugar please.

Thanks,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Hi pete! Are you the same old geezer who hangs out at Planet Photoshop and helps me in my time of need?

old.geezer

Quote from: mitzs on October 01, 2008, 03:36:49 PM
Hi pete! Are you the same old geezer who hangs out at Planet Photoshop and helps me in my time of need?

Yeah, that's me.  ^-^

Thought I'd got away with it.  ::)

I  recognized your name Mitzs. Hows it going with restoration then ?  I havn't done this stuff for ages so I am
searching for techniques that don't include the Crayons I used to use.

Finally I have bought a Wacom, after not using a pen for about 8 years. They certainly have come a long way, it even makes
coffee it you program it properly, so that's me out of a job.  ;)
Pete Bird

mitzs

Pete! :hug: I am glad you are here. I've done 2 so far. You know it doesn't take much to get attach to strangers and their photos. I wasn't expecting that.  Which Wacom did you get? I am not worried about you. You know your stuff. :up:

old.geezer

I got the Intuos3  A5, I tried a larger one but it was too uncomfortable. I dumped my wide screen for 2  19" square monitors and it seems to go between both with little movement. So now I can recline with my feet up and play till I fall asleep.
Its great having a 100% photo on one and a zoomed in version to work on at the same time so you get  immediate  feedback on the realistic look of what you are doing without keep zooming in and out.

Cant wait to see your work  :up2:

Take care

Pete
Pete Bird

mitzs

Quote from: old.geezer on October 01, 2008, 06:58:54 PM
I got the Intuos3  A5, I tried a larger one but it was too uncomfortable. I dumped my wide screen for 2  19" square monitors and it seems to go between both with little movement.
Cant wait to see your work  :up2:

Take care

Pete

Well you sure know how to sweet talk a girl dont ya? As for my work, you see me yelling for help more then work but everyone is pretty helpfull around here. So it works out for me. As for seeing it. I will show you my first plaid match. I am very proud of it and not beyond bragging on it.  ;D

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,1665.0.html