• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I picked an easy one for a change!

Started by weewood, September 23, 2008, 04:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

I looks great, well done!  :up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

She looks beautiful David but I have one little suggestion.  Have you tried to increase the saturation a bit?  The hair looks very gray on my monitor.

I've been taking some easier ones too lately and it sure is fun isn't it?

Mary

Mhayes

David, she looks beautiful!  :up: I'm not sure on the saturation, because what we are seeing at here is on the Web, which will always appear a little washed out as compared to what you working on at home. If the colors look good on a calibrated monitor, it should print looking good as well. When I post to the forum, I will bump up the saturation (usuall never over a +10), but I will not use those setting for the final to be uploaded back to PhotoShelter.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Margie, do I need to make my photos less colorful? Please let me know if I'm over or under doing the color.

Mary

Mhayes

Mary, yours always look great! Remember the discussion some time back when I said that on the Web you need srgb and to bump up the saturation? After I told you that, you submitted one to the gallery that you later felt was too saturated, and I felt like I had caused you to increase your saturation too much. If when you are working with your restore and you like how it looks on your monitor, go for it. You always have good judgement on color and saturation. My comments abouts David's had more to do not being able to make a judgement of what appears here and what is on his screen and also not knowing if the photo on the forum is in .psd or srgb, which would make a difference.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Mhayes

Mary, you sound so unconvinced!  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]