• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Nostalgia trip (i.e. your most embarrassing photographic moments)

Started by Dave, September 21, 2008, 05:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hannie, I love that shy smile.  Whoda thunk that gorgeous little girl would grow up to be such a photo gallery scoundrel!??

Here's one of my very first glamor shots:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

These are so cute. I know its supposed to be embarassing shots, I'll scan mine in later. Here's me at age 3 I think?

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Wow, this thread is great.  :up:

Hannie, you look so innocent in that picture and I recognize the sewing machine. My Mom had the same one.
Glenna, I love your new avatar, you look so glamorous! Also your little girl picture is really cute.
Tess, I'm still waiting to have something to compare your cute picture to.
In the meantime, here is me at the ripe age of about 4, I think. Notice the stockings in the left picture. OMG I hated those. I can still feel the scratching on my legs and it gives me the creeps! :wow:

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Tess (Tassie D)

Ok people, here's me at 16. Old US army shirt, jeans and lots of hair, not permed though, in the caravan in our back yard. No I'm not fixing the scratches and fading lol. I'll have to raid mums collection to get the really bad ones.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Kiska,

I've always thought that to get far in this world you must first cultivate a strong mullet.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

I absolutely love all these old photos.  What I want to know is where are the rest of our guys?  I know that Dave's not the only one with great prom shots, or even earlier treasures. And how 'bout those mullets?

And Dave, you've made clear to me why I'm not a rich, well-known journalist.  NO MULLET!  Dang, if only I'd known.

Lon had me print the shot of us in '78 and took it to work to show off to his crew.  Then he waxed poetic about those days when we were young and cute and energetic (he raced cars and I raced sailboats) and madly in love.  Now we're old and (we're told) still cute(??? neither of us can see it, but we're known as "The Lovebirds"), worn out, but at least still madly in love.

Gotta find a prom photo.  I just love those.  Kiska, yours is a gem.  Those eyes!

And more baby photos, please!

I have to say this trip we're taking down memory lane makes me even more aware of how precious our photos are.  What a great punctuation to what we do in OPR.  Please keep 'em coming!

Hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

I don't know how old I was when this picture was taken.  Judging from the newly cut upper incisor, I am guessing that I was about six.  My father bought a twin-lens reflex camera, the first camera our family had.  One of my sisters decided to try it out on me.  I should have seen her ability through this picture.  She should have been 14 at the time and hid her artistic talent until she started painting lessons after 50. 

Till this day, I am still amused by the trust the mother cat had with me.  I had my sister raided my parent's photo albums and scanned it for me.  It took some restoration work.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

schen

Shujen Chen

kiska

WHAT a hoot. I'm glad you enlarged the avatar pic. When little, it appeared you were being potty trained.  >:D
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

We had dirt floor and open crotch pants.  No potty training necessary.  :funny:
Shujen Chen

Hannie

Shujen, great photos!
I also love the mentioned potty training method (sure beats sitting in a diaper all day).  ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Dave

I need to start shoveling dirt into my house for Shane. It's too late for Jack. We've already domesticated him.
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]