• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Check out this Lady, please.

Started by Ausimax, September 20, 2008, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Give me your views on what else needs to be done please.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

mitzs

Just remember you asked.lol

Her face looks hazed in spots and she has a blue halo on the right side of her face going into her hair under her chin and up the other side of her face to the ear point. Do you have a blur filter on it or something? Her hair doesn't look natural to me. However, I am not a pro either and wait to see what the other say. I like your background. Did you save that from the picture itself or give it a new one?

Hi max, nice to meet ya.

weewood

The blue neck line comes up too close to the hair. It should drop off before it actually reaches the hair line. Her eyes and lines around the  nose look artificial, but can be easily corrected. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mitzs

and one more thing max. See how dark her eyebrows are. Her hair is black not red brown. Maybe you could use the eye dropper to grab the color off of her eyebrows and paint her hair color back?

Hannie

Hi Max,

So far you have done an amazing job!  I can see you are having fun with your hair brushes, great job.
The color of the hair is close to the original brown color but maybe could be toned down just a little. 

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

You are doing a great job on this Max. :up2:  Looking at the other photo the hair colour is spot on, just needs a little toning and blending.
Great job on the blouse but maybe drop her right shoulder a bit?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Quote from: Hannie on September 21, 2008, 06:08:05 AM
Hi Max,

So far you have done an amazing job!  I can see you are having fun with your hair brushes, great job.
The color of the hair is close to the original brown color but maybe could be toned down just a little. 

:up2:

Hannie

Hair brushes? They have hair brushes? 

mschonher

Hi Max,

I know you have put a lot of love and time into this photo and I'd really like to help you make it better. Before you say this doesn't even look like the girl any longer, let me tell you that I did NOTHING at all to the face but blend in the hairline at the forehead and our left side by her eye. It's amazing how the neck and hair have changed the look of this pic.

I gave her a neck because everybody has one  ;D and she does too.  I wanted to give you an idea about the hair but couldn't do that until it did a quick fix on the background. This is a down and dirty version of what I think is going on with her neck and hair. I painted both of those areas in and then added enlarged grain 9% no contrast.

It's pretty had to tell what her actual hair looks like but it is dark for sure.  I may not have been accurate with the neck, it could be too long or short or too thin or too wide, but you could adjust that.  I'm clueless about the blouse/dress/sweater or whatever it is she is wearing.

I've posted a tut on hair and that is the procedure I always follow.  I use the free brush on Furiae.com but I don't have the link.  I bet someone out there does though.

Anyway Max, I tried to help you out and it comes from my heart, all of it is just a suggestion.  Good luck with this really difficult photo.

Mary

glennab

Mary, I'm still astounded at what you can do with hair.  And I agree that she has a neck, but I think Max got the look of the blouse correct, because I've had similar garments that have a very high neck that ties in the front.  It may just need to be made more proportionate to your rendering.

I think she needs to have a cooler look, as well.  I used only the correction tutorial, and here's what I got.  I think it looks more natural.

Here she is, Max:

It appears to me that a compromise is what's in order.  When I checked curves, her hair contained the darkest pixels, so she must have nearly raven locks.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mitzs

Quote from: glennab on September 21, 2008, 05:34:17 PM

It appears to me that a compromise is what's in order.  When I checked curves, her hair contained the darkest pixels, so she must have nearly raven locks.

GK

Her hair is the same as mine, I can tell by looking at her eyebrows and the way her bangs lay in front. There is some light brown in front but it is a highlight from being in the sun. Her hair is black and I would guess in real life it has a shine to it.

mschonher

I guess you could always darken the hair with duped layer set to multiply, that's how I'd do it.  I didn't do any levels adjustments as I just wanted to demo the hair and neck.  Who knows if the blouse is high neck?  It has so much damage it could be anything but whatever it is high or not, she needs to have so neck showing.

Glenna I love your level adjustment it looks great and it looks like the hair needs to be fuller at the lower parts and maybe more curly.

M

Hannie

Max, I found another photo of this girl, it must have been taken at the same time, it may be of some help for you!

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Oh wow Hannie, that is the biggest help EVER! I think the hair could be stolen from this one and placed on the other.

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

Max has both those photos for that very reason. The second one gave a good shot of her blouse and hair even though when it's adjusted it has a completely different color tone to it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Great find Hanna! And that shirt is such a pretty color, but I would have bet by the other picture that her hair was black like mine. Jeesh, shows you what I know. ::)