• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

DigMyPics.com Comes to the Rescue

Started by Mhayes, September 19, 2008, 02:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

I'm happy to announce that DigMyPics (http://digmypics.com/) has entered into a partnership with OPR for our printing needs.

Scott Crossen, co-owner of DigMyPics, had approached us in August to see if his company could offer some assistance. He felt a special kinship to those who have lost their precious memories to a disaster, because three months ago their company suffered a devastating fire that destroyed their building. The worst part is that photos and video film of their customers were in that fire. They were able to recover more than 110,000 photos and many hours of old video film that was though to be beyond saving. A better description of what they went through is to be found on their blog: http://www.digmypics.com/Recovery/default.aspx

Scott approached his staff to see if they would be willing to help with our backlog, which they were and Julie Hathaway was set up to co-ordinate the restoring and print ordering and DigMyPics would pick up the shipping charge. Unfortunately, we got the news that we would not be receiving any grant money this fall and all plans seemed doomed.

When told of our lack of funding, DigMyPics offered us their full support for our printing needs. They have generously offered to pick up all of printing and shipping for free. This means that we will be able to get restored prints back to their owners.

Scott, your gift to OPR is appreciated beyond what words can describe. Thanks to you, Julie and everyone at DigMyPics.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats wonderful news Margie. A huge thankyou to Digmypics for stepping in along with our other sponsors to keep this great project going. 
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Digmypics,

Thank you for stepping in to help OPR. What a blessing you are to all of us and mostly to the people we are trying to help. God bless your business.

Mary

glennab

Scott and crew at DigMyPics, in my book you are now counted among our guardian angels  Your generosity is awesome, especially in light of the loss you just experienced with the fire.  Thanks for helping to keep OPR up and running.

Bless!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mitzs

That is great digmypics! You guys rock!! :hug: :-*

glennab

ADDENDUM:

To truly appreciate what DigMyPics has offered, go to their blog and the news coverage of the fire that destroyed their building, as I did last night.  I feel as if we should be lending them a hand in recovering what they lost rather than the other way around.  Scott, Annette and their wonderful staff are amazing to take on our load as well as trying to recover their own business.

There's an elderly OPR member in Florida who sends all of you at DigMyPics heaps of love, thanks and wishes for much success!  You're in my heart, and you give me hope for our species!

Bless.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)