• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello...My name is Joanna

Started by MaggieJoanna, September 18, 2008, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaggieJoanna

I found out about OPR from Photoshop World (this year, Las Vegas). One of the instructors gave a plug for it and I thought what a great idea. I am an Air Force Military Photographer. I have just about 10 years of service. I am always looking for great volunteer opportunities and I really can not think of a better one than OPR. It is also nice to find a way to put the skill the Military has taught me to good use. In my 10 years as a Military Photographer I have been train extensively in Adobe Photoshop. I have now completed two photos and can wait to do more. I am really excited to be part of this team. Thanks to everyone!

Mhayes

Hi Joanna,

Welcome to OPR! We are so happy to have you join and it is great to see the experience you have. Between Photoshop World and NAPP, we have been busy with a flood of new volunteers. What is really amazing is to see how fast the new recruits are hitting the deck running! We hope to see more of you in the forum.

Thanks again,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Joanna,

Welcome to the forum!  It is great to hear you finished your first 2 OPR restorations, hope there will be many more to come!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Dave

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for joining up and way to go knocking out two restorations already!.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

weewood

Welcome aboard, Joanna. We sure can use all the members we can get. Don't forget that you can post your images in your galley or on the forums if you need help. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mitzs

Hello Joanne and welcome! I just want to say thank you for helping to keep freedom free for me and mine. I shake your hand if I could!

mschonher

Hi Joanna and thanks for joining our wonderful group.  Sounds like you can teach us a thing or two from all of your experience.  A lot of us are self taught, like me, and always in need of good experience...Welcome aboard.

Mary

glennab

Hi Joanna

I want to add my welcome to everyone else's and salute you for being part of our military!  I look forward to your sharing your expertise on the forum when those of us who aren't photographers or artists start battling with our many challenges. We work hard, but we do have fun.  This is one of the most rewarding team efforts imaginable!  I feel as if I've been given a gift by being part of OPR. I'm glad you're with us! 

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Joanna and welcome. We are a little crazy here, it helps but we're glad to have you aboard. BTW I love your avatar, is that adorable dog yours?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

MaggieJoanna

I just wanted to thank everyone for such a warm welcome! Being in the Military and serving my country is not hard for me because it is something that is in my blood. I would not want to do anything else. It also helps that I have the best job in the Air Force. I wake up everyday and can not believe I am paid to be a photographer! My avatar is my dog and first child Maggie. She is great. I also have an American Eskimo, a wonderful 4 year old daughter and a baby growing in my tummy right now. I really keep busy, but I will always find time for OPR now! Thanks again for the welcome...it brightened the end of a very long day.

OPRAng

Congratulations on the baby! Our oldest is about to turn 4 and we had our second little guy in January!

Welcome to OPR!
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]