• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi Everyone I am Mitzs

Started by mitzs, September 17, 2008, 06:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitzs

Hello OPRville, I found this site though NAPP News on Twitter. I am new to Photoshop, I've been learning it for 5 months now. However, I hope to atleast help with the lite stuff and leave more time for the pros to have for the big stuff.

I live in TN. I am the proud mommy of 3 pitbulls who think I bought my bed just for them.  ;D I have to admit I am a little bit nervous to be here. I know what it is like to lose everything you have but the clothes on your back to a house fire. So I know how important these pictures are to the owners. I just hope I can do OPR and all of you proud.

Thank you for your time.
Mitzs

Mhayes

Hi Mitzs,

We are so happy to have you! You are going to meet a fun bunch of people with a wide range of experience and a desire to help others. Don't ever feel nervous about asking questions and posting a photo that you are working on. We all started out as beginners and all of us are still learning new tricks as we go along. The fun part about this forum, is to see how many different ways there are to restore a photo.

I've sort of warmed up to pit pulls after watching The Dog Whisper and I bet your household is plenty safe from intruders.

Thanks for volunteering and we hope to hear more from you!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Dave

Mitzs,

Welcome. OPR owes you thanks for volunteering your time.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

mitzs

I've picked my 2 selections. I just have to wait and see if they haven't already been chosen.  Thanks for the warm welcome Marcat and Dave. Glad to know I can get plenty of feed back here. I am sure I will have questions once I get started. I was really afraid of getting yelled at or worse kicked out of something I believe to be a very worthy cause if I could not do a photo justice. I had mental images of a big bond fire and me on a stick.  I do feel a little bit better now.  :)

Marcat, as to the safety of the household. It depends if the my dogs are inside or out. If they are outside the little buggers won't even let me know someone is there. I've actually watch people get out of their cars from my windows and one of my dogs carry a stick up to them to play fetch. In the house is another matter though. They will let me know in a heartbeat someone is outside and you won't be coming in the door till I open it. Since I am disable this is fine with me. They are great animals and I love them dearly. But I won't have a mean dog either, wether they way 2 pounds or 80.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Mitzs, welcme to the nuthouse. You will find a great bunch of people here, all minus a little hair from the really frustrating photos. Glad you joined up with us.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mitzs

Thank you Tassie! I am glad my mom blessed me with a full headfull of hair then it would seem that I will need it!  ;D

mschonher

Hi Mitzs and welcome to OPR. Thanks so much for joining our group, we need all the help we can get.  Good luck with your first two restorations and don't ever be nervous about asking for advice or help.

Mary   :hug:

bwargy

:) I am a new member, and just waiting to get a chance at fixing pictures. I am an Intermediate Photoshop User and saw the link on NAPP.  Will try to fix photos knowing that the people that have lost or have damaged photos, would love to get them back in the best possible way.

My heart goes out to these people.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi bwargy, welcome. It's so great to see many of you answer the call to help people we have never met. Just reading through the thankyou notes posted on the forum is enough to keep us coming back for more.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Mitzs & bwargy

Welcome to OPR.

Mitzs, you needn't worry about things as drastic as bonfires and skewers.  This crowd is very dedicated to our mission, and we jump in to help other members with their challenges.  We've all struggled through the restorations, many times having to ask for help, observations, tips & tricks.  Any critiques I've gotten have been offered with much thought and respect, and I couldn't have gotten through some of them without the feedback of the rest of the volunteers.

That's not to imply that we're serious all the time.  Some of our members are real characters (I'm too old and cranky for any of their nonsense), but if you get teased it'll be in a loving way and I guarantee you won't find a better group of people with whom to interact than OPR-sters. I'm so glad you've both joined us!  Look forward to seeing your posts on the forum.

Cheers

Glenna
aka GK

P.S. You do us proud just by joining! And be sure to post a photo of your puppies in our pets gallery.  We do love our critters!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Johnboy

Welcome Mitzs & bwargy,

I concur with Glenna's comments. The only dumb question here is the one not asked. I hold many of these people in awe of their knowledge for I am not great on Photoshop. Yet I have posted for comments and help and got it every time. Also look around the forum for there are many links to great tutorials and goodies. Also don't be afraid to have some fun with us all.

Johnboy

Hannie

Welcome Mitzs and Bwargy,

I'm so glad you joined us, love to read your stories! 
Mitzs, please don't be nervous, there is no need to be.  We all work for the same cause and anything you can do to improve a damaged photograph is appreciated greatly.
I remember when I first joined I also felt a little nervous but soon realized that the people on the OPR forum are a friendly bunch with a great sense of humor. 
I've done some restorations that didn't come out all that good but with the help of my friends on the forum they turned out quite well.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Hi Mitzs and Bwargy, welcome aboard. You can find lots of help here with your restorations. Don't be afraid to ask for help, we all can use some. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

mitzs

Thanks everyone, you guys are the greatest and have made me feel very welcome. That helps with the jitters alot.  :hug:

OPRAng

OPR is proud to have you on board! Welcome!
Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]