• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PhotoShelter closing down?

Started by DanFrancis, September 11, 2008, 01:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanFrancis

Dear Friends,
We're contacting you today with some unfortunate news - we will be closing The PhotoShelter Collection, effective October 10, 2008.

We will officially close the Collection on October 10, 2008. Prior to that date, you may continue to search and license images through our marketplace. If you need any assistance at all, please contact us at [email protected]. More details on our decision, timing, and implications for buyers with transactions in progress can be found in this FAQ document and on our corporate blog.

Thank you again for your support,

Allen Murabayashi
PhotoShelter

So, This is going to affect us right?

kiska

I don't THINK so. I believe the 'Collection' was a place for photogs to sell pictures, like istock and morguefile. Just one part of Photoshelter........I hope.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Kiska is right that this does not affect us, but is intended for for the Collection site, which was for stock photography. For a more detailed explanation go to their blog: http://blog.photoshelter.com/corp/

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

DanFrancis

OK good.
I had something like this happen to me at photosite.com where they changed their site around and pictures were lost. So I wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
Dan

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: DanFrancis on September 11, 2008, 01:45:10 PM
Dear Friends,
We're contacting you today with some unfortunate news - we will be closing The PhotoShelter Collection, effective October 10, 2008.

The rest of that paragraph reads

QuoteGoing forward, our team will refocus heavily on enhancing our original product, The PhotoShelter Personal Archive, which is used by several thousand photographers to market and sell images directly to their own clients. Our financial position remains solid and we look forward to working with the photography community for years to come.[/size]

So it doesn't affect us at all and we are very grateful for Photoshelters support of OPR.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]