• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Realistic Eyes

Started by Mhayes, September 06, 2008, 07:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Besides hair and making skin look natural in our restorations; I think painting in eyes where a lot of information is missing is another hard area to get a realistic look. While searching the Web today, I came across some neat links you might want to check out:

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=3165&page=1

http://biorust.com/index.php?page=tutorial_detail&tutid=98

http://vodpod.com/watch/307277-drawing-eye-fro-sycra-utube

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/tutorials/antro_eye2/antro_eyetex_01.asp

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Great reference material, Margie!  The last tutorial is mesmerizing!  Thanks or sharing the information.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Thanks for these web sites Margie, I especially like the on set to music.  Did you notice that the person doing the drawing never erased?

Mary

Mhayes

Mary, until you mentioned it I really didn't notice it, but it was fun to see how fast the eyes took shape.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

Tess (Tassie D)

They're great resources Margie. I was also fascinated with the one Mary liked. I can't draw that well on paper let alone on the computer.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

It's great to see that so many are looking at these great resources.  We need all the help we can get with facial features.

Mary

glennab

The more tutorials the better!  I'm tired of all the strange looks I get when I'm right in a stranger's face looking up their nostrils – or in their ear – or intensely plucking at and studying their hair.  I knew there was an easier and less hazardous way!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Glenna, you must stop invading people's personal space.  I would be so upset if someone other than a doctor was looking up my nostrils.  Didn't I recommend a few books to you some time back?  I don't want you to get arrested!

Mary

glennab

Just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention!

As a matter of fact, Mary, I was studying Mr. Hamm's "Drawing the Head and Figure" this past weekend.  What a gem that little book is! Also read Matt Kloskowski's book called "Layers" (excellent information if one is not accustomed to using layers and the great things they allow you to do.  I'm pretty savvy about layers because of my job, but I still picked up some great new tidbits!)

If you insist, I'll stick with the reference material and stay away from nostril encounters.  Sheesh!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

RosyBijou

I'm totally cracking up here...!   :funny:  (Glad I'm not the only one, Glenna...)
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

glennab

Ah ha, Kerry!

So you're into nostrils, too (oh, does that sound gross!)?  I'm relieved that I'm not alone. (And it's great to see you posting!)

Seriously, I do find I'm looking at screen saver photos (Alex O'Loughlin!), the people around me – am just much more observant of how we're put together, where shadows lie, etc.  And seriously part 2, Drawing the Head & Figure by Jack Hamm has been the best resource I've found.  With that one I can look at nostrils all I want and not insult anyone! 10-Q again for that one, Mary!

Cheers!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Glenna,

I'm just so happy that you're not taking a life drawing class, that could be downright embarassing!   :D   I'm glad you find that book helpful, it's an oldie but a goodie, just like you and me.

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

QuoteI'm just so happy that you're not taking a life drawing class, that could be downright embarassing!

:wow: Oh the picture that brought up in my head.  :funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Quoteor intensely plucking at and studying their hair

Glenna, no offense but you remind me of a monkey I once met.  :funny: I happened to be in a lady's house who had this pet monkey in a cage. As I got close to the cage to get a closer look, the monkey reached out and quickly grabbed my hair and yanked. Not only did it not feel too great, the little devil sat in his cage examining my lock of hair.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]