• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Gustav kills 60 in Caribbean, aims at U.S.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), August 28, 2008, 09:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I hope this nasty one doesn't hit land and do it all again. How ironic that they are preparing evacuations on the 3rd anniversary of katrina.  :-\ I also hope everyone is safe if this monster does hit.

New Orleans, the Southern U.S. city ravaged by Hurricane Katrina three years ago, remained near the middle of the range of possible landfall locations on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal put New Orleans residents on alert for possible evacuations starting on Friday, the third anniversary of Katrina's strike, and issued a precautionary disaster declaration. A state of emergency was declared in neighboring Mississippi, which was also devastated by Katrina.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2541891320080829
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

I pray for everyone potentially in the path of this killer storm.  No matter who we wish to not be in the path, it means someone else is.  Been there, hate that!  Send out those guardian angels, please.  I think they've had some rest now that the Boyettes are (one can hope) through with their crises!

My wishes for everyone's safety.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

This is so sad and you get the feeling of deja vu when you think of New Orleans being in the path of Hurricane Gustav on the anniversary of Katrina.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

That is alarming news, I hope the storm will settle and not take any more lives than it has already.
Haiti and the Dominican Republic is where all these poor people lost their lives, most new sites didn't think that was important enough to mention...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25