• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Fortune Cookie

Started by Mhayes, August 20, 2008, 01:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Today at lunch, I ordered carry out from the local Chinese restaurant. After finishing my meal I opened up the fortune cookie and here it what it said: "Our happiness is greatest when we contribute most to the happiness of others." All I could think of was the happiness that OPR is bringing to families when they open their mail. Just before Jan left for Ireland, she contacted the family to let them know that their photos would be coming their way—they were ecstatic upon hearing the news.

Today I received this email:

QuoteMargie,

Once again, my thanks to you and your team for your dedication and hard work. I can't wait to show the photo to my family. Please keep up the good work. I have friends who lost all of their valuable photos, so I feel lucky to have one back. I hope you are continuing your good work for the victims of the recent Mississippi River flooding.

Anyway, my choice is w1. As I remember, my father's face was always very angular (even as a young man) and w1 seems to capture his sharper features. The eyes are also captured perfectly in this one.

Kelley

This is the photo of the sailor that Candy worked on and in my zealousness to have input from the family; Kelley was able to follow the progress online and offer suggestions. This was great because of his input and also another photo was furnished for reference, but it also became very frustrating for her. In the end, Kelly loved the final one.

Thanks everyone, you are truly special!

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, what a lovely note.  It is great to hear Candy captured the sailor just as his son remembered him!  Makes it all worth while, doesn't it...

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Thank you for posting that message.  I was very good to hear. 

Candice

glennab

Candy, how awesome that your work was honored by the sailor's family.  You put heart and soul into that one.  Kudos, my friend!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Great to hear another family happy. :up: It was good that they could follow the progress on the forum too.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]