• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

While Jan is Away

Started by Mhayes, August 22, 2008, 05:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

hmmmmmmm. Dunno if this helps or not.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Wow, already some great results! All the versions shown here mixed together would give a beautiful result. 
For instance, Glenna's background, Margie's sweater, Max's hair + eyebrows, Tess's smooth skin and Kiska's tonal adjustments. 

Easier said than done, I have to say that a nice treat of some kind (kudos?) would help a lot!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

No treats?  Then this is what you get!  hahahaha!
(I used a little of everyone's versions  ;D)
Help!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Talk about a group effort--Thanks everyone! I think this worked out pretty well Hannie considering it was a mud cracked mess. I would like to see maybe a little more color to his hands so that they do not look so ashen. Donal Duck look better a little brighter, but considering how the pullover looks, it might be well to keep him subtle.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Great tip on the hands and Donald Margie.  It still needs cleaning and a little touch up here and there as well.

I'm really hoping someone else will finish this project as I'm going to work on a Westervelt photo now.  After reading Margie's post on the thank you note I really want to see those picture returned to their owner asap!

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Hi Shujen, it's nice to see you back. We thought maybe your students had kidnapped you! Nice job on the boys face and lightening up the eye on your left. Now if we can get the mud out of his pullover.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I used Shujen's pic and tried to get the mud out. Too bright??

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Tess, I like it much better. See what it looks like if you make it not so bright and Donald a little brighter.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

His left eyebrow is getting on my nerves.  ;D

This is the cyan channel with a little healing and cloning. His right ear seems to stick out. Might see a little of the left.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Just taking a break from my other projects, used Kiska's cyan channel to reconstruct the ear some.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Adding to Hannie's, I coloured Donald.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

It's getting better all the ti-i--me, better, better, be-tter! (remember that song?)
And now we can finally see Donald Duck!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

This is an interesting concept to have a group restoration.  It will be fun to see how this photo ends up.  The only way I could work on this guy was to desat him to work on his features.  Any of my attempts at color enhancement didn't work at all for me.  He can be painted afterwards with the primary coloring method which is the one I like, or any other method for that matter.  This is still pretty rough but I'm adding my 2 cents worth to the mix.

Mary

Hannie

Mary, I really like what you did, his face looks great! 
I'm silently hoping you will find the time to give the boy in your version a haircut and then we can maybe merge the 2 versions...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]