• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ophiuci's Workshop

Started by ophiuci, July 09, 2006, 10:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophiuci

Hey everyone,

I've been working on this wedding picture. I picked this because it looked challenging and worthwhile to restore. I'm still working on the folds of the dress. Going to add some imperfections, more shadow definition, and try to generally get them to look more realistic. If you look close enough you can see that I was getting bored (and a little too creative) near the bottom and right side. I tried to do way too many of them in one sitting.

I believe it may have been a painting (a very good one) because there are some areas that look brushed. Like some of the flowers. That may have been from a 'real' restoration on the photo tho.

Here is a proposed crop to get rid of the more troublesome folds. Last last resort if I can't get them looking correct.

Here is an example of what some of the folds look like. There is a lot of less visable damage that can throw you off the road quick.

No source images were used. That route might have given a better result.

Interested to hear what everyone thinks of where I'm at so far.

Later.

pcraft

WOW!!!

This looks amazing Ophiuci...  I think the crop works well...   ;D

Robert

PS.  Just wondering if that shadow should be removed...  It seems to draw the eye away from the Bride... 

glennab

Hi!

Incredible job!  I agree with pcraft that the shadow detracts somewhat from the photo, but you did a gorgeous restoration!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

John

cmpentecost

:up:

Wow, that is incredible!  Great job on a difficult restoration.  As for the shadow, I think you need to have it to add a sense of dimension and "realness" to the photo, but perhaps it could be faded a bit. 

Christine

Mark Wilson

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams 1902-1984.

glennab

In looking at this photo a second time, I noticed the shadows on the folds of the gown.  It appears that the light source is at the upper left.  Wouldn't that preclude a shadow where the darker area is?  Just a thought. GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Peter_AUS

I showed this image to my 10yr old daughter, her words not mine, "Looks like a Doll".  Is that a good comment ?
Regards,

Peter

ophiuci

Thanks for all the positive comments!

I'll try playing with that shadow. I thought that it might have been a cushion or something?

Yeah it does kinda look like a doll. I'm not sure if that's good either.

Ziaphra

How about getting rid of the shadow altogether? ;)