• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

#13 - A difficult baby...

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 14, 2008, 01:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Hi all,

Just doing a batch of photos and would like your thoughts on this one. There was alot that could not be salvaged (the painting) and some parts that needed to be recreated - well you can see i'm sure.

I used several tips and tricks I have learnt on here so hopefully there are not too many complaints?

Dave.

Hannie

Complaints?  You must be kidding, you are a hero for taking this one! 
I noticed the baby's face got a little smaller, especially the nose.  Could you try to use a little more of the original, I know there is not much info left.  If you use the original as a layer on top it will give you an idea what the proportions are.
(small babies appear to look similar but a mother will see the difference real quick! lol)
Don't worry about making it detailed, I had a go at it myself to show you what I mean.

Great job!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

hoodman3

Dave,

The photo looks great! I agree with Hannie as far as the baby's head and it also seems her posted example shows more detail in the room behind, which looks good (could be the resolution of each post).
My one tiny pick is the wall area on the right (her left) has what I call clone stamp "chatter". It's probably not that important since it's the background, but there are a few simple ways to avoid this. I use the clone stamp for awhile and then change to the healing brush. It samples adjacent pixels and gives a smoother overall look. A bit of blur can also work. I'm sure others have some tricks since how to make the damaged background seem insignificant after repairs is a common issue.

Good luck on a very difficult restore.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

DavieBoyDave

Thanks for the feedback guys - a great help indeed - this is the result...

Head is larger, nose is larger, less chatter...

Ready to fly home or anything else that needs some attention?

Dave.

Hannie

Looks good Dave!  Maybe lighten the dark spot on the side of the baby's face slightly?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

DavieBoyDave

I noticed that after I posted it - didn't think anyone else would notice!  :-[

Anything else?