• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is it "Moderate"?

Started by Tom, September 21, 2008, 05:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Could not get any more detail to come out because is was not there in the original.
Thanks.

mitzs

I think that looks really nice Tom. I love how good the blue dress turn out.

That has to be the 80's look at all that big hair. I love big hair!

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

Tom, your clean-up is wonderful.  You're right, the snapshots usually aren't very crisp, and we don't do any sharpening.  I think the only thing I'd change is to lighten the mid-tones a bit.  As in:

Really nice job!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tom

Thanks for the comments.
Yes, even more lightening would be good but I hesitate to bring out an increase of the noise that is present.

glennab

Tom, I see what you mean.  So many of these images require a balance of grain and color.  And that's in the eye of the beholder.  My take on that is that the restorer should make the final decision on what represents the best balance. 

I just discovered (not for the first time) on another thread that we're not all seeing the same thing because of the difference in monitors.  These challenges are what make this work so wonderful.  I'd estimate that I've gained 10 years of Photoshop education in the 2 1/2 years I've been with OPR.  Love that!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)