• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

#8 - Anyone good with legs?

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 09, 2008, 08:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Hi guys,

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far?

Number 8  :wow: is attached and going well (I think).... I even recreated that badge from scratch so it's readable.  :cool: The little details do count....

Anyway, still work in progress, but stuck on his legs... what ever I seem to do to fix them, they just turn out as big white blobs :(

I can't even find a picture of some legs to carefully paste over (to pick up shadows, shape and seams only...) - I even tried digging out an old pair of my own trousers and taking a picture of them... but all mine are dark coloured... maybe a trip to the charity shop is in order?

Anyone have a suitable donor picture? Or any ideas?

Dave.

glennab

Hi Dave

I'd suggest going to photos.com and typing in "crossed legs" in the search area.  I found several possible templates in that category - at least to give you an idea of where the shading would go.  Probably all you need is to find the color you think is closest to that of his original trousers, cover the area of his legs with that color, then use subtle shading from a template to give the impression of the pant legs crossed over.  You can download thumbnails.  They'll have the name of the photo source across them, but I've found them helpful several times by visually following the lines of the area I'm trying to recreate (I don't actually use the photos because of copyright issues).  I've found good sources for hair, ears, plants, etc. at this web site.  Worth a try.  I have to go that route, because I'm not an artist, and I have a heck of a time recreating what's not really obvious unless I have something to go by.  The photo source web sites are a treasure trove.  I've also found photos from which I've patched texture into my restorations.  Lots of possibilities.

Otherwise, you're doing your usual excellent job.

I just used a hearing aid ad from the newspaper to get information for a missing ear.  I got the shape from the photo in the ad, then distorted and skewed it to match what I'd imagine would be there.  Not certain it's successful yet.  Frustration with other parts took me off the restoration today and placed my butt firmly in front of a couple of movies. (When I yell at my cats I know it's time to step away from the computer.  A pile of barf on the phone cord put me over the edge!  Will try again tomorrow!)

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

It's a tough one. I even googled cricket team photos but none had crossed legs.

If anyone needs trees, facial parts, buildings, it covers virtually everything you can think of. You can get free photos here http://free-textures.got3d.com/index.html
The facial features section is clickable with hundreds of shots of people.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, that is a good link, I bookmarked it for future reference.
Dave, maybe you can use this image as a reference?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

DavieBoyDave

Hannie - where did you find that? It's perfect - i think...
Dave.

Hannie

Google Images, man sitting crossed legs...
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]