• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

#7 - So far but need some advice...

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 09, 2008, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

Hi guys, hope you are all well.

Below is my attempt so far - mainly just cleaning the edges... problem is the back wall/top of photo is completely gone - cannot get any information from any of the channels. It's not even items that can be accuratley cloned - A toy wall thing and some soft toys...

On this occasion do you think it would be viable to just replace the wall with a subtle solid color being that the background is obviously not the subject and even quite depth blurred too. I feel the family would prefer focus on the image of the baby rather that trying to recreate the random objects in the background that will only serve as distraction? You thoughts?

Don't worry about being too picky about the other editing - it is still work in progress and needs to be put past Dave's QC office - the wife!!  :up:

NB: For posting purposes only I have blurred out certain parts of the photo for 2 reasons - 1) Respect the owners privacy and 2) well - this mad mad world/people/laws etc.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Dave. I think a solid colour would be fine as its nearly impossible to identify whats there. Great job so far. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Dave,

That is starting to look really good already!  Subtle solid sounds good to me, by the way, the play thingy is a Fisher Price Activity Centre.  Shouldn't be hard to find an image of that on the net if you want.

Great job!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Dave,

It's looking really good and the solid color works for me.  :up: Wow Hannie, you are good on knowing your toys with just two knobs showing. Is this something you play at home with in your spare time?  :funny:

Have fun, I am off to a wedding.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

DavieBoyDave

Hannie - you are a star! I even had one of those things, and couldn't remember what it was called...

The subtle solid didn't work as well as i'd hoped so tried the following...

Here it is - comments?

Dave.

Tess (Tassie D)

That looks great Dave. :up: What a little cutie. 

Hannie how on earth did you what that was?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I can tell you that lots of us had them for our kids.

Hannie

That's right, my kids (all in their 30's) had one.  The reason I remember so well was that one of my friends freaked out when my 1 month old baby made the little green and blue animals on the bottom slide back and forth making that characteristic (chk chk) crunchy sound!

Dave, that looks great!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]