• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Priority

Started by G3User, August 09, 2008, 03:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Margie,

I recall Christine mentioning that no photos were returned to their owner until all had been repaired or at least attempted. I have noticed that some of the galleries have only one or two images for a family.
Should I presume that by attempting these, we might get another happy customer sooner?

Have uploaded 2 x Benning's images, I did a minor crop on both as there was no information in the damaged edges but preserved the aspect ratio.

Athol

DavieBoyDave

Athol, I have wondered this myself recently whilst browsing the galleries and mentioned it to Tess (I think). I now do try to grab ones that only have one or two remaining...

Dave.

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Athol, yes you are correct. We try to fill each family order before sending for printing. Obviously if some photos are beyond repair we would print the rest and send an accompanying letter.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Athol,

Yes, we wait till we have all of them repaired and if some are too far gone we do as Tess mentioned. Right now, I probably have one wedding photo with the Griffith name that is the very last photo waiting to be finished. It has a few people that not much is left in the way of facial features (not bride or groom). If no one attempts this, then I will see if it is just too far gone and let the family know. I also have a few left in the WesterveltS family that are not too bad.  >:D  OK, a few are bad! One is really a neat old black and white with a vintage car that would be great to repair.

It might be worthwhile for each of us with galleries to post when we have only a picture or two that is holding up the family from receiving their photos. Thanks for asking, and yes you would make a family very happy if you pick the loner. Also, if it proves to be a real can of worms, don't hesitate to post to the Forum or drop us a line to say it is too far gone.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks all.

I suspected it would work that way and will take more notice of the name when I am scanning for my next adventure

Athol