• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

#6 - A little more difficult...

Started by DavieBoyDave, August 07, 2008, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavieBoyDave

All,

This one was a little more difficult that I first imagined, but seem to have got there in the end.... recreated the whole background.... seems to have paid off though? You thoughts?

The guys on the right does seem a little painted - not sure why?? Tips would be appreciated.

Dave.

klassylady25

Using the green channel, I was able to pul a bit more color out of it than you did.  This was a quick look. And I think the tree in the background was a good change. I doubt it will be noticed, but the color was a bit too brown.  I also removed just a tad of the yellow off the woman face so you'd get the idea.

Candy

DavieBoyDave

Thanks Candy... I did manage to pull more colour out of it originally but the odd different colour casts made it look very odd in high res... that was why I decided to go for a medium sepia look to disguise alot of the colour differences...

I will darken the background a little though thanks...

Dave

GP

Dave, I actually like the way your colors look.  :)

I would maybe boost the brightness on the woman's face a little. I think the young man's face appears a bit painted because of the highlights on his face. If you would try to tone them down a little might help.

But on the other hand, you could send it back as is, it looks perfect! Great job :up:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Hannie

Great job, I love the background!
In the example below I used your restore and dodged a few places on the ladies face,  blurred some of the highlights on the man's face.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

DavieBoyDave

The background was interesting - a first for me to be honest. I can't take all the credit thought...

I'll share my secret - I stumbled across this brush site while looking for tree outlines:

http://www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com/

Over 120 photoshop brush sets, literally thousands of brushes - all free!!!

I downloaded and installed the trees one, among several others, and just "stamped" away. There really are some amazimg brushes in there... in partiular hair brushes... may prove quite useful for many of us trying to recreate hair.

Also some good tutorials on there too.

Enjoy... and good night!

Dave.

glennab

Dave, what a great site!  I checked it out, downloaded brushes, patterns and tutorials and have it marked for future use.  Thanks for sharing the information!  BTW, this restoration was one I had my eye on.  You did a fine job!  Love the family portraits.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Dave, thanks for sharing this great link!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]