• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Happy Birthday to all our July babies!

Started by glennab, July 20, 2008, 11:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

We tend to affectionately abuse those of our members who are regulars on the forum at birthday time, but I think it would be appropriate to include in our celebration those members who are toiling behind the scenes as well.

Therefore, I want to wish a belated happy happy to bmundy, independence day (strange name!), DawnAllynn (we've seen you here before!), Atlantis (miss you!).  Looking ahead, there's klborschel, Crispy and BobTriol.  I hope you have many, many more and that you continue as valuable members of OPR.

(Mr. Ellis, Monday is set aside JUST FOR YOU!  If I don't see a beignet or a tutu on the forum, I'll be very disappointed!)

Bless all of you!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Atlantis

Thank you so much Glenna!  :-*
I'm not really gone, just celebrating summer holidays  :cool: :  a week to Venice, daytrips with either hubby and/or daughter(s), covering my nieces wedding as the official photog & now postprocessing zillions of photo's for a few weeks now ... On top of that I accepted this challenge.  Feel free to have a look and comment  :)
And we are trying very hard to do some work on the house (painting the exterior & sorting out boxes with stored stuff from many many years by now).

I do have this one very hard to do Westervelt staring at me, I restarted several times now using information from the ones I already finished but I'm still not happy with it. Those polaroids are fading to fast plus the added damage but I have not given up on it yet.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Hi Atlantis, Happy belated Birthday!! (I didn't see your birthday on the calendar before, did you just add it?)
Sounds like you are having a great time, unfortunately your link didn't work for me, will try again later!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Atlantis!

Thanks for sharing all the photos with us.  I like your patchwork project.  Wonderful images.  I hope you'll share the finished piece with us.

And Venice!  OMG!  What a vibrant, colorful, fascinating place it must be.  You got great shots, several of which, if I had any wall space, I'd purchase, frame and hang.  I love the photo of the green wall with all the plants (I think it was number 30).  Wonderful composition and great colors.  I have a feeling if I were ever there, I'd be in love with the place.  Architecture... bridges... buildings right on the water... all I can say is WOW!  I hope it was as wonderful a trip as I'm imagining it was.

So, you're battling with the Westervelts too!  I've done 4 or 5 of them, and you're so right.  The polaroids are tough.  I had a couple that were really blown out and I wasn't able to pull up as much of the images as I'd have liked! But I'm sure they're very precious to the family, so I gave it my best shot!  Good luck with yours.

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Atlantis, thanks to Tess's links I had a look at your photos and they are truly amazing!  I've never been to Venice but these photos made me feel if I were there myself.
The patchwork project is something else, love the vibrant colors, the objects jump right out at you!  Must be a lot of fun thinking up new subjects for that one.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Wow! Atlantis your photo gallery is so beautiful and the ones of Venice makes me wish I could go there some day.

I know the Westerfelt Polaroids are a real challenge. These photos were the only one that the owner managed to save. The sad part is that she took a suitcase of photos from her father to scan in and then was planning to have them on a CD to share with her brothers and sisters. The flood came in Coffeyville and she lost most of them. She said that her father has never asked her about the photos and she doesn't have the heart to tell him how many she lost--so sad!

Happy Belated Birthday!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]