• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I'm back, but will be slow getting started again

Started by weewood, July 27, 2008, 10:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Hi everyone! I'm back from a rush trip to Pennsylvania so I could be with my oldest brother. He has been fighting colon cancer for a least five years, and on Monday, July 21st at 4 am he lost that fight.  :'(  I did get there in time to spend a least a day and 1/2 with him at his bed side. We got to talk in between his in and out of sleep episodes. He was heavily medicated. I hope that everyone gets a colonoscopy. This is a condition that can be defeated if caught in time. Please, for your sake and that of your family, get a colonoscopy.  :hug: It can save your life. 

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

David, I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you were able to be with your brother and have some time together. 

:hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

David, I'm heartbroken that you lost your brother.  I'm glad you were able to be with him in his last days.  I suspect that was a treasure for both of you.  I was with my mother when she died, and it was a gift for me to have shared that moment of transition with my sister and her.  I can only hope that your brother left the world as peacefully as she did.

You're in my heart, and I mourn your loss!

Many hugs!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

Wise words for those who will hear.    You're in my heart as well.

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

David, I am so sorry to hear you lost your brother.  I wish you and your family all the strength you need to get through these difficult times...

Big hug,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Johnboy

David,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. A loss of any family member is tough at any time.

I had my first colonoscopy last November. The doctor said it was good all the way. So I don't have to worry about that for a few more years.

Johnboy

jneil2

David,
I am sorry to hear about your brother, but happy for you that you were able to say goodbye to him.

My condolences,
Jan

mschonher

Hi David,

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family in the loss of your dear brother.  I am happy that you seized the opportunity to go and see him before he passed.

Mary