• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Young Mr. Brady

Started by glennab, July 19, 2008, 11:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Jan

I'm going to have to request that you find someone else to work on the Brady_5_8.5x12 restoration.  Because of my ongoing health issues, I can't seem to concentrate on that difficult a project. I've tried all week and have made no progress at all.  I apologize for taking so long to realize that he's beyond me right now.  Once you acknowledge that he's back in the system, I'll request one that's a little less daunting.  When I'm completely back on my feet (and I'm trusting that it won't take much longer) I should be able to tackle the difficult ones again. Thanks.

Hugs

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

mschonher

Hi Glenna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not back to feeling 100% yet.  I hope you're feeling better as soon as possible.  I'm sending healing, loving, fluffy white thoughts your way.

Mary  :hug:

Lorraine

Glenna, I'm sorry that you're still not feeling well. 

Lorraine

Hannie

Glenna, it's a good idea to stick to the "easy" ones as long as you don't feel a 100%!
About six months ago I didn't feel well myself and I was working on the that beautiful James Dean lookalike (that all the other girls wanted  ;D). 
There was a quite some damage, but nothing like the one your were working on.  It just took about all my energy and forever to finish.  I would have felt better if I had sent it back and picked another one.

Well, I better go and see Where The Hell Matt is, have a great evening!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Mary, Lorraine and Hannie,

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and well wishes.  I'm able to get through work every day, and I'm slowly gaining strength.  But I'm still sleeping most of the weekend to be able to make it through the work week (which fortunately hasn't been too much of a strain these days) and don't accomplish much at home.  Hubby is earning enough "attaboys" keeping things going around here that I'm going to owe him a brand new Dodge truck.

I'm lurking, as you well know, and making everyone crazy as the "Garrulous Kraken" on the forum.  (Sorry, Max, but it's my job!)  I can't be without my OPR family, because  you all help keep my spirits up.  I'll take all the healing white fluffy thoughts and Matt Harding that I can get.  I so appreciate your caring, and I WILL be working on restorations.  I'll just choose ones a little less "impossible" until I'm 100%.

Hugs to all of you!

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Glenna,

Hope you start feeling better! You are more apt to be on the road to recovery if you choose an easy photo from my gallery.   :halo:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Quote from: MarCat on July 19, 2008, 09:30:06 PM
...You are more apt to be on the road to recovery if you choose an easy photo from my gallery.   :halo:

Margie

How about that as an example of taking the bread out of someone's mouth... :cool:

Talking about Max, where are you?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Dear loveable Kraken, 

Feeling like crap sure doesn't dampen your wicked sense of humor.

Mary   :loveit:

glennab

Mary, if I ever lose my sense of humor, please shoot me on the spot!  I take great pride in being a wild woman (a somewhat subdued one right now)!  And I'm getting accustomed to being known as the Kraken (genus Garrulous), so I shall be proud of that as well.

Hugs!

G

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

klassylady25

No doubt Mary.  Glenna can be feeling poorly and still have the sunshine radiate from her face.  Okay, I was going to say something about the dentist, but....   :funny:

glennab

NO,  NO – NOT THE DENTIST (picture Kracken holding up fingers in sign of cross!).  Candy you're wicked!  Actually I saw my dental people (not the butcher!) this week and was told that I'm healing very well.  Once I get over the tired (that seems to be lasting forever!) I should be back to myself (heaven help all of you and my poor husband!).

Please say a little thank you to our guardian angel.  Hubby was on the interstate yesterday coming home from work in the pouring rain and hit a slick spot in the road.  The car spun around more than 360 degrees, yet he didn't hit a guardrail or any other cars.  Fortunately he's been racing cars most of his life and he had special training in the military – part of his duty as an MP.  He knew how to work the brakes and steering wheel to avoid disaster.  He got the car pointing in the right direction without stopping and continued down the road. That notwithstanding, if there had been other cars near him, it could have been disastrous.  As it is, I'll wager the drivers behind him had to change their undies when they got home.  Love that angel, thank you very much!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Glenna, your hubby has nerves of steel, thanks for the car racing days!  :up2:
I once saw a car spin like that in right front of us, my daughter behind the wheel, baby in the cozy seat.
I swear, that girl has amazing reaction and nerves of steel too.  She swung around the spinning car (which than hit the guard rail) en continued on.  A minute or so later tears were running down her face but she never lost control.
Those guardian angels...

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Wow, scary Glenna. I think we all have angels looking over us. I was driving my DD on a dual lane divided road one day and this old lady in front decided to stop, in the middle of the road, and do an illegal u-turn. I hit the brakes, looked in the rear view mirror and saw a fully laden log truck not 20 feet behind me.
Without even thinking I hit the accelerator and swung the wheel to go round this car even if it meant side swiping a car in the other lane. When I looked back the log truck had stopped 1 foot from her car. We would have been sandwiched in between the 2 vehicles.  :wow:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hannie & Tess

You can certainly verify that there are guardian angels watching over us.  Thank goodness you both came out of your near-disasters unscathed.

I was told  once by a psychic friend (no, not psycho!) that my guardian angel is a very large native American called Graceful Elk.  One of the things my friend told me Elk would do is find me parking places near where I was going if I needed him to or asked him to (weird talent, but I'll take what I can get).  Believe it or not, when I was struggling to recover from my fractured back, I would silently ask him to find me a close parking space, because it was excruciating to walk.  And he always did!  Freaked me out!

He saved my life the one time I was in an auto accident.  I was broadsided by a caddy while driving a little Camaro.   My car became airborne, did a 180 degree turn, and I landed facing the direction from which I'd started.  I was right side up, uninjured, and Lon told me that if I'd been hit on any part of the car other than the impact site, I would have been killed.

I swear, our angels work overtime!  I truly believe they exist and watch over us.  I guess we can only hope that they don't get worn out from all the havoc.

Stay safe!

Hugs,

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)