• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sailor

Started by klassylady25, July 15, 2008, 07:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Glenna,

Thank you so much for you kind words, it means so much to me. It makes me so happy to know that someone got something out of that tut.  Believe it or not It took me an entire day to write it and I'm still not very happy with the way it turned out.  I'm better at showing someone how to do something than writing about it.

You are so right on about Candy, the tender loving care she puts into her photos comes shining through. I love what she is doing for the military families, we all owe them so much.

I'm thrilled that Margie made contact with the family!  I can't wait to see the reference photo.

Hugs back at ya...............Mary   :loveit:

klassylady25

Reference for facial features.

Hannie

So much for my "fuller lips", I think you got his mouth exactly as it should be!
Great job!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

It certainly is a hard one Candy. He looks so different in the second photo. You're doing a wonderful job on it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Who knows where it will end up, but this morning I incorporated the picture that Margie sent along with the colorized.  I took it down to B/W and then colorized it in CMYK mode. 

There are things that need to still be worked on.  I have a little more time however. 

C

Mhayes

Candy, you have done a beautiful job! Hopefully I will hear something Monday from the son and we can go from there. Thanks for all your hard work on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

Still working.

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I thought you would enjoy the email that I received tonight.

QuoteMargie,

Sorry our conversation was cut short, but I was in the middle of a stadium in Beaumont, Texas watching my daughter play softball, so it was a little hard to understand what you were trying to tell me. Before I go on, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate the work of all the OPR representatives.  Please pass my thanks on to them. I showed this photo to several local photographers before I found out about OPR and they flat out refused to even try, so I know what a difficult project this is. Most of the damage to the photo occurred when the wet photo was pulled away from the glass in the frame. I learned later that it would have been better to leave the photo behind the glass and have a professional take a "photo of the photo", but at the time no one in my area knew how to handle flood damaged photos. My comments follow. I don't mean to be critical.  I am only trying to help.

The imaging "trick" used by glennab in one of the earliest posts actually looks a lot like the undamaged original to the best of my memory.

mschonher's comments are excellent and most of them are "right on the money"

My father's hair was wavy so there is no way that it would appear straight in any photograph.

I agree that the left eye is too small in some of the earlier versions. I realize that it is just a starting point.

My father never showed the bottoms of his upper teeth when he smiled, so that comment was very accurate.

Some of the versions tend to make him look too young. This is probably because the shading and shadow effects have not been added, yet.

The left ear and hair are starting to look pretty good in Candice's reply # 31.

I have attached a later photo of my father that my sister recently found in my grandmother's attic. He is approximately 25 years old in the photo. He was approx. 19 years old in the damaged photo. I am still unable to locate any other photos of my father at the age of nineteen.  Hope the attached photo helps.  Please don't feel obligated to use it, if you think that it will confuse the issue. Call me anytime, if you need more information.

Thanks again,

Kelley

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Candy, you've done a really great job on this photo!  It is obvious you've poured tons of hours into him.  It looks like he has a bit of a cleft chin, so my only suggestion would be to add a bit of shadowing for the cleft chin.  It's great to see how excited and pleased the family is with all you've done!

Chris

klassylady25

There are a lot of things that aren't complete, but this is where he stands.  I thought I'd share since he's been a joint topic.  :cool:

Hannie

OMG Candy, that looks incredible!
The shading you placed in his face brought this photo right back to life and he is really starting to look a lot like the boy in the photos.
Great job!  (I love this project!)

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Candy, I'm with Hannie--this looks incredible! I wanted to compare it to #31, but guess you got tired of storing so many versions. I know at times this most have seemed like too many cooks in the kitchen, but you did a great job!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

Candy,

He looks great, you did a fantastic job with just one half of a photo!  Congrats.

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

He's looking great Candy. :up: A lot of hard work on a hard photo.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I'm giving it up for the night.  It's 10:55PM...

He's getting closer.  I used the information that you sent to me for the ears and shading, Mary and also for the Artsie folk,
when you describe to me something - shading or coloration, be specific in telling me where, if any, changes need to be. 
Same with coloration.  Personally, I feel like there needs to be a bit more gold/yellow in his face. Maybe a light green, too.
I read something about that somewhere, only goodness know when...  I know we're a mixture of those just now sure
where to place them.

Tomorrow will come and along with that new eyes.

Night night :wow:  :hug: