• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help!!!

Started by Ausimax, July 01, 2008, 08:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi folks,

I'm having more than a little difficulty with the ladies face in this one, I had to crop it as there was just too much area containing no data, and just blur out the remaining background.

But the face is just not working for me, any ideas would be welcome.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Max, that's a hard one! I tried to use the original as an overlay to get more detail but it was just impossible. 
Then I tried to add some shadow in her face, around the hair line, around the eyes and mouth.
I blurred her face and hair quite a lot to make it fit in with the rest of the photo but I'm still not sure that's what she looked like.  It seems that her upper lip is thinner and more teeth show at the side of mouth than at the front.  Hope this will be of some help?

Great job so far!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

That is a hard one Max. I think between you and Hannie is about as close as you would get with that amount of damage.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Don't forget the red eyes on the baby. 

barbkev

That looks like the same child as in my retouch... If it helps, he's got a full head in my original:

Hannie

Same baby, same clothes, there is the baby's hand you were looking for Kevin!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

I'm working on two photos that have the same exact baby. I haven't posted them because they are just in the beginning stages, but if I can be of help, please let me know. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Ausimax

Thanks Hannie, that looks a lot better, all I have to do is replicate what you did, there is not enough detail to really know what she looks like, but that certainly looks better than the damaged version.

I'm not sure about removing the red-eye from the baby Candy, he may be a real little devil for all we know! :funny:

David, if you have any photos that show this lady's face it would help.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

weewood

Max, sorry but that lady is not in any of my photos.

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

Max, what is the name on your photo? I will look in gallery to see if there are any other photos.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Max, I put another photo in your gallery from the same family to use as a reference. The only thing that I'm not sure of is that the two women that you see on this post have very different glasses. It probably wouldn't be a good thing to switch out grandmothers. 

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Thanks David, she probably won't be in this one either, hopefully she will know who she was. >:D

Thanks Margie, probably better a "generic" grandmother than the WRONG one. :-[

Max