• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Not ready yet

Started by Atlantis, June 16, 2008, 12:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I've been working on this one on and off. I wish I could get it more clear and sharp but I'm starting to think this will be as good as it gets :

I'm thinking of toning it back to sepia once I reached the ultimate limit. Maybe send both versions as choices?
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Hi Atlantis,

That is beautiful!  I don't think it needs to be more clear and sharp, it is very pretty the way it is (like the original).  Even though your black and white is gorgeous I think sepia would look really nice as well!
I have one minor pick and that is the highlight on her nose, it makes it look a little like a snout.  I tried to burn it a little to show you what I mean.

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

I do think that her right nostril is not looking right.  May want to look at it again.  Other than that, I love the texture.

Candy

kiska

I copied the red channel, placed it above background then a blank layer on top to draw on.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

kiska, that's on the mark!!

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job on this lovely old photo. :up: What is that on her shoulder?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Hi Atlantis,

I think the above suggestions, especially Kiska, will really help.  You've done a really nice job on this photo!  And, as for what is on her shoulder??  Looks like an upside down bouquet of flowers! 

Chris

Atlantis

Thanks for your input. I tried to adjust the nose using your suggestions and sent her home to Jan.
I'm afraid I did not get my Westerveldt finished before my week to Venice as I had several last-minute extra workshops to prepare and teach.
Don't worry, I'll be back in about 10 days.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.