• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Windsor Colorado Tornados?

Started by jeannes, June 16, 2008, 12:38:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeannes

I know everyon ehas thier hands full, but I waswondering if OPR might be working in the Colorado and Wyoming areas after the tornados.

There are a lot of professional potographers around here and I am thinking this might be a way to get more folks around here involved.

Jeanne

cmpentecost

Hi Jeanne,

I have to admit I'm not familiar with the tornadoes in the Colorado and Wyoming areas.  How wide spread was the damage, and how many people do you think were affected?  The United States has had such a tremendous amount of weather related disasters taking place this spring that it's hard to know where to begin in offering our services.  We don't have the budget to travel to every disaster, nor do we have the volunteer power to take in photos to resstore from every disaster.  We hope over time to gain more volunteers and more financial resources.  Until then, we generally have focused on the larger areas of disaster.

If you live in the Windsor area and there were a large number of people affected that have damaged photos, perhaps you would be interested in helping with a collection.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Christine