• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

[WIP]: University of New Orleans Documentation

Started by klassylady25, July 08, 2006, 02:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

Maintaining signatures can be a challenge. 
The University's colors are blue and silver.

Rob Accomando

Nice work. BUT;  the signature looks more like a font than a signature.  ;)

John

The only thing that really pushes my nitpicky button is that the 'Shaping our Future' slogan is not right justified with the UNO text like the original.  Also the UNO text is not centered, notice how the 'of' falls outside of the top 'ribbons' on the right side... Can you slide that over a tad?  ;) 

I agree, signatures can be tricky.  Now, if this were my diploma, and it was MY signature on the original, I think I'd care a bit if it were changed to a font.  HOWEVER... if it is just a college administrator filling in that blank, I think the importance of it being handwritten becomes diminished.  The calligraphy font used is true to what many would expect to see on a diploma today (maybe make it black ink vs. blue, though?...actually should all the text that was added to the original be maintained in black vs. blue?).   I actually think the restoration is an improvement in terms of it looking like something I'd want to hang on an office wall.  If I ask myself the question, "Does this look like a downgrade from the original?", I can't say no!  :)  :up:

paula

I think you did an excellent job and my nits aren't picking anything.   :up:

klassylady25

You'll find that when I post it is rarely the finished product so. Paula thank you and also JCM.  I worked on this last night until very late.  At that time I laid it aside, posted the 1st... and yada yada.   We do know that Richard didn't sign his name.  I'm pretty sure that someone with calligraphy skills was hired to help there, but the font was "close" for the time being.  Removing the yellow from around any signature is a very timely event as experience would have it. I work on legal documents for the lawyers in my area.

Presentation is the key here.  Would I want an the original back?  Of course but it's not happening.  So the next thing is presentation.  Sometimes the "regular" process will give you the original but the the presentable.  If he really wants it back he might call the University and ask about replacement, until then we're it and I love the job.

:loveit:  Candy 

Ziaphra

John

Quote from: klassylady25 on July 08, 2006, 01:03:55 PM
You'll find that when I post it is rarely the finished product so. Paula thank you and also JCM.  I worked on this last night until very late.  At that time I laid it aside, posted the 1st... and yada yada.   We do know that Richard didn't sign his name.  I'm pretty sure that someone with calligraphy skills was hired to help there, but the font was "close" for the time being.  Removing the yellow from around any signature is a very timely event as experience would have it. I work on legal documents for the lawyers in my area.

Presentation is the key here.  Would I want an the original back?  Of course but it's not happening.  So the next thing is presentation.  Sometimes the "regular" process will give you the original but the the presentable.  If he really wants it back he might call the University and ask about replacement, until then we're it and I love the job.

:loveit:  Candy 

I think it looks great.  I'm going to put into place a drop down box so when users post something they can say 'Work in Progress' or 'Final', etc. So it's more clear as to what type of feedback people want to get.

pcraft

Great idea JCM and nice work Candy...    :up2:

klassylady25

:-\  I'm missing the "works in progress" button so if it's on here at this point - POINT it out please!  lol

I am posting the work up to this point.  I have not put a visible border around it so you'll have to use your imagination for the framing. will add that later, but is is what I've accomplished today.  See you later.  I have to leave for a while and spoil my grandson.   :)
C

John

added the Works in Progress to the drop down... it's [WIP].  I added it to your first post just to test it out. 

klassylady25

This truly has been a work in progress and a research project as well.  As of yet, I am unable to find the name of the Dean that signed this document.  If anyone knows - please let me know if correct or incorrect.

Thanks,
Candy

Peter_AUS

Maybe contacting them at http://ed.uno.edu/~EDSP/faculty.php and asking who was the Dean then might be able to match up the name, might even be able to advise on other things as well, like the logo, bottom right, etc.  Nothing in the list of faculty members pops up as similar to the signature, so might have moved on, retired, or be in another department now.
Regards,

Peter

klassylady25

Thank you Peter, I will do so after posting the document.  If I need to change it, then will be the time. 

It was a cleaning job to be sure but after long hours and hard work I think that this document is ready to be posted.  I tried hard to match the "sheep skin" that hangs on our wall in coloration.  And since the end of the document wasn't present I finished the ribbons, now if UNO didn't have points on their seal.... let me know.  Tanx!  :)

nate

I saw the document last night and spotted the the font through most of it is Palatino Linotype. The University logo text is a modified version with the extenders raised. I tried it last night and with custom kerning I had the letters match right over the top. I thought I would let you know in case you were having trouble.
L*a*b*

paula