• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Latest Calamity

Started by Ausimax, June 10, 2008, 04:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Have been occupied with this one for a few days now.

This is some of the damage, thanks Chris, disguises nicely in the selection images. :funny:

This is a WIP of where I am at present, I can't quite work out if the curved section in the lower right is a mat edging or the mark from a frame, even though the photo is a 8x10, I feel it could have been cropped, it has plenty of head-space but the boys feet are cut off, and the girl is hard against the side of the image, and from the way they are looking there should have been space on that side rather than behind the boy - strange!

Give me your thought on what I may have missed or that need altering.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

Nice pick Max.  :wow: Looks to me like the girl is sitting with her legs crossed under her so we can only see the front of the knee?
I'd say it was also in an oval frame and thats what we can see on the bottom below her knee. I'd take that out and just extend the rug.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

The little girls hair is hanging on her shoulders and the tam, I believe, has a ribbon. 

kiska

Yeah, Candy's right about the hair, tam. I also think just one knee would be visible. And the 'rug border' below her knees I believe is where the oval matte was. I'd leave the outline of the rug off.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

Also, and I know it looks like damage but on the right side of the tam (our right) there would be a small buttonon it.  It looks a bit like a black spot but if you look closely, it has a silver spot in the middle... that's what makes me think it might be a button.  Very common with little girls tams.

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your sharp eyes and suggestions, this is the latest version, (sorry Kiska but she definitely has two knees) and what I will be sending home if there are no other aspects I have missed.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

klassylady25

I don't believe that the ribbon is anywhere else but the back of the tam, that the area by the ears is hair and the part that you are showing as a ribbon on the front of the blouse is the blue bleading over.  The skirt does have suspenders  that cross in the back and are made of the same material as the skirt.
Another mind heard from!  :o)

glennab

Hi Max

I only see a couple of small things I'd revisit.  I think the little girl's mouth is fuller, especially the upper lip, and the little guy could use a bit more burn to contour his cheek and nose (his face looks a little flat to me right now) as well as his hand.  I can see some obvious cloning in his shorts, and I agree with Candy about the piece of ribbon sticking up from the little girl's suspender.  I'd lose that, because I also think it's bleed out.  Otherwise, they look wonderful.  Oh, those eyes!  How could you not fall in love with two such gorgeous kids!

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your input on this photo, this is what went home.

Max

Hannie

Max, what a beuaty!  I also like what you did to the little girl's hair, the darkening at the back.

:up

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Max, you really had your work cut out for you on this one! When I saw the closeup of the matte or canvas finish, my first thought was that this one is going to take a lot of work. The knees are the only thing I find giving a second look and I think they look like the original. I don't know if some burning would have helped to put them more in the shadows. You did a beautiful job on this one.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

Beautiful job Max :up:

glennab

Max, might I suggest that you amend the title of this thread.  There is no more calamity!  It's another of your masterpieces.  You're amazing!

Hugs

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)