• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little Dog's Home From The Hospital

Started by zapphnath, June 04, 2008, 12:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapphnath

My little dog, Lucy, came home from the hospital, today.

(That's an old picture of her)

Her teeth were hurting her, one day, then, by the next day, her eye started to swell up.  She had to spend two nights, at the clinic, after having never really left home in her whole six years.  She's still mad at everybody but also, I'm sure, still groggy from the medication.

They ended up pulling all of her teeth out and, by the next day (today), the swelling in her eye is almost gone.  It was big, too.  It was about the size of a golf ball - on a head about the size of a tennis ball. 

She still trys to show you her teeth when she's growling at you, trying to be intimidating, but really she's just kind of funny looking. :)

All-in-all, the whole thing costs nearly $1000.  Money we definitely can't afford but, hey, what else could we do?  Putting her down would be only a last resort option.

She has a couple of different medications to take for the next week.

Mhayes

Glad Lucy is recovering and despite the cost, I know you are happy she made it. I too know the high cost (nothing compared to yours) of vet bills, but what can you do when they are family.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I'm glad to hear Lucy is recovering, and albeit the expense of it all, pets are definitely part of our family.  I guess her bark will definitely be worse than her bite now! 

Thanks for sharing.

Christine

glennab

Hi Z

Boy, that's an awful lot for a mighty mite to have to endure.  Thank goodness animals are so resilient.  More so, I think, than we are.

I know what you mean about the cost.  I seldom get one of my cats from the vet without spending $500-$1000.

I'm hoping that Lucy makes a full recovery (and that your checkbook does, too!).

Bless,

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Lucy looks like a cute little dog, hope she gets well soon! 

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Poor little Lucy, I'm glad she is on the mend though.  How and what does a toothless dog eat????  Good luck with Lucy's health in the future.

Mary

Tess (Tassie D)

Ah, poor little baby. I'm sure she will manage quite well without her teeth once it all heals up.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

zapphnath

Thanks for the kind and supportive words, ladies.  (I guess all the guys, here, are too "Macho" to comment :) ).

Lucy is doing much better, now.  She's still mad, though.  Having to squirt medicine down her throat every 12 hours doesn't help her mood much.

Having only ever really eaten dry food, because that's all she wanted, I expected there to be some problems with giving her canned food.  I figured she'd turn her nose up at it, like usual.  Instead, she took right to it.  Scarfed down the first serving, actually.  I don't think they fed her very much, if at all, while she was at the vet's.

I noticed her trying to catch a fly, earlier, which is a good sign that things are starting to get back to normal, for her.

Tess (Tassie D)

Glad to hear she is on the mend. Sounds like the fly was viewed as a diet supplement.  ;D
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher