• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Broad shoulders, Does not look right

Started by weewood, May 28, 2008, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

WOW! This is absolutely amazing to see how far this one has come! Mary's latest color of the shirt, where it is toned down looks better. I took this off of Kiska's version before Mary had posted hers. What I wanted to do was move the color away from the purple cast. I went in an duplicated the Background and on that layer I did Image>Adjustments>Auto Color. This helped tone the purple tone, but the layer looked washed out, so I changed the Mode to Color and reduced the opacity to 90%. To try and make the shirt not look like a cut out, I used the blur tool around the shirt's edges.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I like the way this photo is changing to look more and more like I think the original looked! (except for the polka dots, but hey)
Had a go at the shirt:
-brightness +16
contrast -17
saturation-19
hue -15
lightness +4
and then a fair bit of noise and Gaussian blur + softening of the edges.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hannie, that looks perfect now.  David, you can send it on it's way.  You would never guess that this is not the original shirt.

Mary

klassylady25

weewood

Okay, I hear all of you, and I'm willing to make the changes. I will say that I usually do not blend the subject into the background until I get a feeling that you folks are accepting. I appreciate all comments, and will get to it as soon as I can. I'm having some physical problems with my neck and shoulders, that I have to work out. Give me a few days and I'll come up with a new version based on every-one's thoughts. I glad to have a group of friends that are willing to express themselves, so I can get it right.

:loveit:
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

weewood

In addition, I have to say, you guys and gals keep me on the straight and narrow. I like that! And, I like everyone of you. I just hope you never give up on me. I know that my restorations are not the best, but I keep at to make as good as I can. Thank you, David   
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

Likewise David!  And I hope you never give up on us either!

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

David, don't be so hard on yourself.  I've seen many beautiful restorations from you in the gallery.  Everyone of us gets stinkers that make us scratch our heads and ask ourselves why did I choose this one.  Give up.............never gonna happen.

Mary

weewood

Well, I got past some of my painful woes, and came up with another version. I've decided not to include the blue design in the shirt, since we really don't know what it is. I hope you think that this photo looks a lot better. As always, all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Regards, David

p.s. Thanks to all that have stuck by me.  :loveit:
David J. Davis

mschonher

Hi David,  It's almost there but you need to add the noise and gausian blur only to the shirt per Hannies example and it's going to be done. This is looking great.

Mary

Hannie

David, I noticed you've shortened the sleeves a bit, that looks very good!
The original photo is rather noisy, I think it would be the icing on the cake if the shirt also had some of that noise.

Good job!  :up2:

:loveit:

Hannie

Edit
Mary, I didn't see your post before I hit the "send button! :)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Hannie and Mary, You are right I forgot the noise. I hope you think this looks better.

Regards, David
David J. Davis

Mhayes

David, this looks great!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

Thanks, Margie! I'm going to send this on home unless anyone has a complaint. Regards, David
David J. Davis

glennab

David, it's been great watching this restoration progress.  Another of those incredible team efforts.  And your final result looks fantastic.  Nice work, as usual!

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)