• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Broad shoulders, Does not look right

Started by weewood, May 28, 2008, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

Mary, Although we should probably provide a wedding dress, we would not know what it looked like, unless Christine wants to pursue it. But, I think not. Mary (lady in the photo) seems to more concerned about having a photo of her and her Dad, so unless there are some objections, I would leave it as is.  :hug:
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

David, I agree with you.  To change the outfit to another one, even a weddingdress, it still remains an outfit that she didn't wear at the time. 
So unless you have an image of what the dress looked like I wouldn't change it either.  Perhaps if Mary (the owner) would prefer a random wedding dress, that might be a reason to change it as well.
This is just my humble opinion...

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I have emailed the owner on this, but I have not head back.  I'll let you know what I hear.

Christine

weewood

Christine,,,If she wants a wedding dress, I sure hope she can give us the details of the dress, otherwise we are just guessing like we did before. I'll probably have to call on Mary again for help. 
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

weewood

Okay, remember this guy, that we thought was a gal, and turned out to be a guy. Well, we got some good information on him. He's wearing a brown shirt with blue collar and cuffs, and has some blue design on the shirt, but we don't know what. This photo was taken in the 1970's, thus the long hair. Does anyone know what kind of design would look good for that period? I Googled until I turned blue, and was not able to find anything suitable. All thoughts and comments appreciated.

David J. Davis

kiska

I really wouldn't worry about a design too much.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hi David,

The shirt is what the family described so it is fine but I think the placement of the shirt could be a little lower. 
In my example I used the original photo and placed your new shirt over it and as you can see the shoulders are a little lower.

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I agree with the others. You could probably incorporate the spots from the original onto what you already have. There are so many designs to choose from here http://www.rustyzipper.com/featured_shirts_mens.cfm?nav=left
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Here's another look. I dropped the shoulders as Hannie suggested, and I think it looks better, even though men should have square shoulders. As far as the print goes, I was thinking small blue flowers, or nothing at all. What does everyone else think? Remember this gentleman is deceased, and I think the family would probably enjoy any shirt in the photo, flowers or not. 

David J. Davis

Hannie

Hi David,

You dropped the shoulders to the right level but I do think the shoulder on our right should not have been quite that broad.  In my example you can see that the shoulder doesn't stretch out as far.   
I'm not sure about the dots/flowers.  If you do it would be a good idea to make them not too bright.  One more pick (oh boy!) some noise/blur will make the shirt blend in with the rest of the photo.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Maybe something like this. Select the shoulder and arm, transform, then paint/clone/heal to bring in background. All the edges need to be softened a little. The original photo is not very sharp.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

klassylady25

That looks much more natural Kiska and there's going to have to be a way of either toning down the shirt or uping the the saturation of the young man so that he doesn't look like a paper doll with clothes being stuck on.   Weewood will find a way I'm sure.

Candice

mschonher

Hi David, I made a selection of the shirt with the lasso tool and put it on it's own layer.  Then I went to Image, Hue/Sat and did a desaturation on the master setting, then I made it lighter by going to the same dialog box and pulling the slider to make it lighter.

Kiska, your proportions are right on......as usual. 

mschonher

I forgot to add that I cleaned up the edges of my selection with the eraser tool.  I don't get crazy about making a selection perfect.  You will need to soften the edges David to make it look like the rest of the photo.

mary

klassylady25