• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Broad shoulders, Does not look right

Started by weewood, May 28, 2008, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Interesting point Gerlinde.  I have to admit I wondered the same thing.  I think she/he is leaning back in a chair, and I think Curtis' rendition shows that a bit more.  Tough photo, but I think progress is being made!

Christine

Hannie

OMG Gerlinde, you could be right about that!  When I first saw this photo I thought it was a lady with male characteristics in her face.
On the other hand, would any selfrespecting guy be caught wearing a polka-dotted shirt?

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Well, guys and gals. I don't know if SHE is a HE or not. I was judging from the fact that SHE/HE was wearing a Yellow Polka Dot top. So, I think I'll stick with the SHE idea, unless Christine would like to verify with the submitter. Here's my latest rendition. Any comments, please. I must be a glutton for punishment.

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

David, The proportions in this shirt look much more like the real thing.  Hubby said that in the 60's there was a short lived fad, guys wearing polka dot shirts... I don't know, if this is a  boy, to me it doesn't look like he is from the 60's.

Tonight I'm going to call it an early night (11.30pm), the boys were fun but they do wear me out with all their energy!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

I've emailed the family and asked for their assistance on this one.  I "think" it's a girl, but the bushy eyebrows do make me wonder.

Chris

cmpentecost

It's a girl!!  I looked back at the entire order of photos for this family, and believe it or not David, this is the same girl in which you had to put a dress on her (so to speak).  In this photo, she just doesn't have her hair styled.  I'm sending you a reference photo, which I think should help.

Chris

weewood

Great! Thanks, Christine.  :wow:  Now that we know it's a gal, rather than a guy, are there any further comments, or can I send this photo home?  Thanks everyone!
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

cmpentecost

Two things I see...her collar on her right side (our left) seems to stand out a bit.  Perhaps smooth/blend the shadowing, and 2, perhaps match the skin tones between her face and arm.  Otherwise, I think you've done a really nice job on an impossible photo!  You're becoming quite talented in the dress making department!!

Chris

cmpentecost

STOP!!!  I was wrong.  It IS a boy.  See the email from the owner:

This is a picture of my now deceased brother from 1973 (hence the long hair!). He is standing in the kitchen in front of a china cabinet and has his hands on his hips. His shirt  is beige with small blue designs in it  and the collar and cuffs are blue. It has three buttons down the front. His hair is brown, and his eyes are blue. I don't think you can see his pants but just in case, he was wearing blue jeans. Thank you so much for restoring these pictures. We lost absolutely everything,even our cars which had everything we brought with us in them. The pictures of my dad and brother are especially dear to us since they are no longer with us. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thank you again. Mary Barrale

I will ask her about the other photos as well, to make sure we aren't putting "girl" clothes on a boy. 

Christine

Hannie

Chris, it is a good thing that Gerlinde noticed that and that you emailed the owner of this photo.  Now at least she (the owner) will get back the restored images of her beloved son and husband.  This means that the other photo is also of this boy and his father, isn't it?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

What a shock, but I'm glad we found out the truth.  ::)
David J. Davis

GP

Oh boy, I love to be right  >:D  :halo:
And I am glad we know now he is not wearing polka dots!  :funny:
Sorry David, now you have to put in some additional work. But better than to send the owners a picture of a girl, when they are expecting a boy.
Christine, great you contacted the owner and did clarify the circumstances of this photo!

:hug: Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

weewood

Gerlinde, I'm actually glad you spotted that. Even though it means more work for me, at least the family will be getting a correct image. I had thought that the neck looked very broad, and it bother me from the start, but I went with the idea that is was a gal, instead. Thanks, David 
David J. Davis

cmpentecost

Ok...questions answered.  The first one you did David, where the dress/top was of question, is a girl.  See below.  The one you are working on now, is of a boy.

Dear Christine,This is another very important picture.  This is my dad and me when I got married in May of 1981. This is the only picture I have of us together.Thanks to you and all the wonderful people at Operation Photo Rescue for giving us back some of the memories we lost. will cherish these pictures forever.  We have 7 people living in a 1300 sf house right now. We are looking for a bigger house but can't find one that we can afford. As soon as we do many of these pictures will be on display for us to enjoy. You all are doing a wonderful service for so many people here. Thanks again, Mary

mschonher

Hi guys,  I've been without power at my house for 2 1/2 very long days so I've missed this latest twist to the story of these photos.  The notes from the family really touched my heart and just reinforces the importance of what we are doing here.  Chris, I think you are doing a most incredible job at getting this detailed information for us.  Kudos and hugs to you  :hug:
So David I cant' wait to see your phinished photo and does this new information mean that the other photo will get a wedding dress????????

Mary