• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Broad shoulders, Does not look right

Started by weewood, May 28, 2008, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weewood

I know that this picture has broad shoulders, but according to the original, it actually looks this way. I'll need to do further work, but wonder what you guys might have to say. All comments acceptable......

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

klassylady25

I see that the neckline differently and the way that she is sitting.  Also, the chair has been changed. 
I overlayed the original and the drawing is of the form of the dress I saw when doing so.

Here is what I see in the picture:   

kiska

Maybe she's sitting at a table and her left arm is kinda spread out with hand resting on the table?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

weewood

Quote from: klassylady25 on May 28, 2008, 11:30:39 PM
I see that the neckline differently and the way that she is sitting.  Also, the chair has been changed. 
I overlayed the original and the drawing is of the form of the dress I saw when doing so.

I originally went with a "V" neck, but did not think it looked right. I make another attempt. Also, I thought that was a headboard for a bed, not a chair. Oh, well, back to the drawing board. 
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Ausimax

Choosing photos like these are similar to hitting yourself over the head with a hammer! It feel so good when you stop! :funny:

There surely isn't any detail in the damage that can really help, not that my tired old eyes can see anyway, only thing is the neckline, she appears to have a tie of some sort around her neck ( perhaps from a shawl?) and a "V" neck in the dress below.

Have heaps of fun. >:D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

weewood

Well, I've come up with another rendition of this photo, and hope you like it, but by all means let me know if you don't.

David J. Davis

weewood

I decided that I did not like the lastest rendition because the polka dots were not uniform, so I changed. Now let me know what you think. All comments welcome.  :cool:

David J. Davis

Hannie

Hi David,

You have done a lot of work on this one already, I noticed you also got rid of the red eyes!  There is one thing, I'm wondering why you add the shadow behind her head on the wall?  (The reason I ask is that now the lady appears a little bit like a cut out stuck on the photo.)

I'm also wandering about what Kiska said before that the lady may be leaning towards the table with her lower left arm forward on the table thus giving us the impression that she is very broad.  When I look at her face and neck I don't think she is that broad and Kiska is right.

I know, this is not much help is it, just a lot of comments!  Maybe you will get a more constructive suggestion from one of our expert friends!

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

I removed the shadow, I just thought it was a good accent. As far as Kiska's thoughts about leaning over a table, that might be, but I don't know how to make it look right. And I really hate to assume that, when the gal's neck is broad. I was trying to make it look like she was standing side ways.  :)

David J. Davis

Hannie

I see what you mean David.  What if the color of the shirt were a little more neutral with less highlights and a little more shadows?  It looks like the original shirt was almost white.

Hannie (who shouldn't be up so late)

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Hannie, I think the original shirt, blouse or dress was a dull yellow, but not as dark as you have made it. I'm afraid that your photo draws the eye to the shirt, blouse, or dress, instead of the whole photo. Don't you ever sleep?

David (who's going to bed, and will try and not think about this).   
David J. Davis

Hannie

Good morning David (or better: good night!)

Early this morning 2 of my grandchildren were there. active and awake so no more sleep for me!  (they are sweet though!)

I see what you mean about the shirt, I made it too dark, maybe you can tone down the color in your version just a little?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Pelican

I really have to go with kiska's thought of the elbow being propped on a table or something. This is what I saw the first time I looked at it. It really makes the broad shoulder look less broad. I'm only judging from the one visible arm.

klassylady25

The sketch plays into what I saw, with her right arm being just a wee bit broader.  Pencil out about 1/4" more on our left...and see what that looks like.

GP

It probably does not matter all too much, but I think "she" might be a "he"judging by the eyebrows. It looks like one of the pictures from the '70s when all men had long hair. Pelican's sketch looks very realistic to me.
Tough restoration, David. You seem to like a good challenge. You do great work!

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit