• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Piece of History

Started by klassylady25, May 27, 2008, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

General George S. Patton

This is a pano that I've just complete.  It came from the last photo run and arrived in six sections.   When you think of the scope of what this picture represents and the endevour of so many people during WWII, from many nations, it moves one to appreciate this piece of history.

Mhayes

Wow Candy! After seeing this photo brought in and the glass hanging on it, you have done a wonderful job!

:loveit:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

Candy, congratulations! That is wonderful!

cmpentecost

Great job Candy!  I'm going to have this printed by Craig Hergert, a local panoramic photographer (www.MontanaPanoramic.com).  It was definitely the most fascinating photo we received in Winona.

Christine

Tess (Tassie D)

Wow, that certainly is a piece of history, great job Candy. :up2:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

John

Well, even though Memorial Day was yesterday, I think this deserves another moment of silence just to appreciate what these individuals were willing to put on the line for us to enjoy the freedoms that we have.  And don't forget you can click on the image to get the full size version.

Excellent work!

and whenever I see images like this it's amazing to me that there was no way any of them could have ever imagined that their picture would appear on something called 'the internet' 60+ years later.  Cool stuff.

mschonher

Candy, this is just great!  What a perfect photo for you to restore.

John, you put into words what I feel in my heart about our service men and women, they hold a special place in my hear.

Mary

schen

Great job Candy.  I made the copies of this photo and I remembered the pieces of glass dangling on the photo.  You made those damages all disappeared!
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Candy, what a wonderful tribute right at Memorial Day.  I ditto John's comments, and there's no one better to have worked on this masterpiece than our always-faithful-to-the-troops Military Mama!  You did an awesome job.  Between your loving restoration and the subject matter, I have one HUGE lump in my throat and tears in my eyes!

Many hugs!

G
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

A great job on this important photo Candy. :up:

And don't say I'm not a prophet! ;D

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=317

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

klassylady25

You were and are!  I know and I love it!  And thanks for the picture link again!!!   I'm going to add it to my collection so that I have a beginning and an end.  :-*

klassylady25

Quote from: John on May 27, 2008, 08:28:16 PM
Well, even though Memorial Day was yesterday, I think this deserves another moment of silence just to appreciate what these individuals were willing to put on the line for us to enjoy the freedoms that we have.  And don't forget you can click on the image to get the full size version.

Excellent work!

and whenever I see images like this it's amazing to me that there was no way any of them could have ever imagined that their picture would appear on something called 'the internet' 60+ years later.  Cool stuff.

The internet - if it wasn't for the advancements we wouldn't be a community at OPR.  In fact we're just a step ahead of the rest of the internet forums...we are family!!  

Thank you so very much John.  We'll let this be "In Memorial of Those That Fought then and Now!"

JShimshak

:up:
Awesome job Candy!

I helped Schen take the pictures of this one and got to listen to the owner talk about it during an interview with WXOW TV-19.
This was a pretty important photo to him and I'm sure he'll be very appreciative to have it restored.

Jeremiah
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." – Steven Wright

cmpentecost

When this photo is finished, I'll see if I can get a pic of it with Craig, so we can see the full finished photo.  Craig was pretty excited to print this for us, and I can't wait to see it.

Christine

klassylady25

That is so exciting to hear Chris.  I'll be looking forward to seeing it!  Thank you also Jeremiah.  How I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for this.  What did he have to say?

Candy