• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Painted Problem

Started by Mhayes, May 25, 2008, 06:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Curtis, you are going on my hit list!  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pelican

Honors like that are few and far between.......did you forget a letter in the word hit??? :loveit:

Mhayes

Didn't forget--just saving it!  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

You guys are so funny, but our imaginations can really get carried away when looking at the damage.  It's kind of like making animals from the puffy clouds in the sky.  Curtis, you are so bad.. >:D

Mary

Pelican

Just wanted to have some fun.  ;D

I couldn't get the photo of the mint condition picture of my dad thats on the wall. I forgot it was in one of those bent glass frames and the reflections were to hard to get around. But my mom had a different copy of it. Its not in as good of shape but it may help with the baby's outfit.

Mhayes

Thanks Curtis, you are now temporarily off the list.  ;D Thanks for the photo, that is a real help in looking at the shading of the folds of the dress. What a cute photo!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

What a lovely folder it was in.  It has personality!!

mschonher

What a beautiful photograph a real treasure, you're so lucky to have this. What year was this taken?  Are those shoes black like the ones in Margie's photo?  If they are then I'm sure Margie's baby is a boy!

Mary

Pelican

Yes Mary, the shoes are black and the photo was taken in 1926.

Mhayes

Well I think I finally have met my match with this painting. It's like the more I dabble, the worse it gets. I had originally planned to pick up more of the turquoise looking background, but it didn't work out. In place I have applied the saying of if you are given lemons, turn it into lemonade, to a more useful; if you are given mud, turn it into a mudpie. I wanted this to have the charm of the original, but something happened to the charm.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, I know what happened to the charm of the original, you made it better and brought it to the restoration!

What a beautiful job!  :wnw:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Is there any reason that the bottom of the picture can't have the color from the top (the wall) of the picture?  It think it would be very applicable for this picture and it would soften that spot under the chair.  Much like the little angel picture with the cloud.  Something to think about.

Candy

Mhayes

Thanks Hannie, I'm glad you like it as I had reached a point where I thought I had better stop. Candy, I went back and played around with trying to lighten up the spot beneath her chair. The problem is that this picture is different than the little angel picture on how the shadows fall. The dark part is directly under the chair, which would mean that it should be darker, plus it gives contrast. If I make it like the top of the wall, it would make the chair look like it is floating. In the original, it is darker, but mine is probably darker still. It looks like I have gone black, but it is really a dark gray leaning towards red. Thanks for the help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

klassylady25

I was thinking of something a little less harsh.  Perhaps not the top, but here's where I was going with my suggestion.  I love the rest of the picture, but that area below the chair jumps out at you.  I used the area to the right of the baby for my patch. 

Ausimax

Hi Margie,

This was always going to be a difficult one to restore and I think you have done a great job, the only thing I would suggest is to run a warming filter on it, just gives it that bit of a glow and warmth.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!