• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

This lady needs a dress....

Started by weewood, May 24, 2008, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

Update on this photo from the owner:

The only thing different is my dad's coat was a darker blue and my dress didn't have a ruffle around the neck. The picture looks great. I showed my mom and right away she said "that one is being framed and put out for everyone to see!". Thanks again, Mary

Hannie

David, I couldn't resist trying Mary's (the owner) suggestion re the color and shape of the clothes(I'm not making much progress with my own project and will use any excuse not to look at it today!) so I gave it a try.  I only used the burn (5%) on the the father's suit and a 35% clone brush on the ruffles.
Hope you forgive me!  ;)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Well, I'm back after spending 2 weeks with family visiting as many places as we could through out California, and I'm beat. But, I want to get back in the swing of things, so I'm re-posting this photo with the recommended changes. Please let me know what you think.

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

klassylady25

Darken the right eye on the girl just a bit.  It's lighter than her left.  Other than that, I think you've done very well.

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

I agree with Candice, you have done a great job. :up: I'd add a little more shading between the arms and body on the woman to give the dress a little more definition.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Great Job! I like the warmer tone better.  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi David,

Hope you had a good time in California!
There was quite a story behind this photo and the restoration of it.  You have done a wonderful job and it looks like this one is ready to go home.

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

Okay, I've added your suggestions. Do you think the photo is ready to go home now? Regards, David

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

klassylady25

I like it.  If you go to much more you'll find yourself going in reverse!  lol    :up2:

hoodman3

David,

I have one small pick. Can you ever so slightly try to define the lapel(s) on his jacket? In the earlier posts they seem to be wide, like in the 70's, which seems right for the hair & glasses too. Otherwise a great job!

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

weewood

Pete, I did as you requested. Even though I had already submitted it. I asked Margie to delete it and I would replace it with one that had the 70's lapel. Thanks for noticing that. You'll see the final in my gallery soon. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Mhayes

David,

I have deleted the first one and Chris has your replacement. Great job!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]