• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I know I should be able to ...

Started by Atlantis, May 09, 2008, 03:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

That's right Hannie. You will have 2 copies of the same image on your screen. The original rgb and the second in cmyk. After you do the curves on the cmyk one, select all > copy/paste onto the rgb image.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

mschonher

Atlantis, you have done a great job on this little guy. I can see the time and attention to detail that you have put into it.  :loveit:  I have 2 suggestions if you're interested. On my monitor I can still see the violet stain on the shirt and shoes. Maybe it's just my monitor. The other idea is to tone down the pants somewhat as my eye goes directly to the pants first. I tried some of the methods that have been mentioned on this thread but none of them worked for me.  I took another painterly approach and it seemed to work quite well, I thought I'd share in hopes it may help someone out there struggling with a similar challenge.   I remembered that many painters, myself included, sometimes start their color mixtures out with a neutral grey value  then add the blue, red, yellow etc. to that. Looking at your photo I noticed the background was very neutral, so I sampled an area I thought looked good.  The numbers of that color are 187, 164 and 148. I have to thank Schen for teaching me how useful this information can be. On a new layer set to color mode and with a soft brush set to 15% I brushed over the shirt, pants and shoes. Then changing the brush to 35% opacity I brushed over the rug and thought it looked pretty good like that.  I gave it a 2,5 Gaussian blur because it evenly distributes the paint over the area. You can adjust the opacity slider if you want and clean up any spillover with an eraser.

Mary

Atlantis

I know about those parts but I thought I reached my limits and sent it home BUT I did a resent recently on a photo with a muddy rug of which I received another photo just in time to redo that part so I will give your tip a try. /calls Jan : hold on to the little boy a few more hours please!

edited to say : yay this really worked !!! I will frame this golden tip  :loveit: thank you  :hug:
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

mschonher

I am thrilled that this worked for you and thanks for letting me know that it did.  :hug:

I've re-sent so many photos Atlantis. Like you I reach my limit on a photo after I've worked so many days on it, only to be experimenting on it later to find my fix.  After I got my calibration program I re-sent 3 photos to Chris, luckily in time.  I must drive her nuts at times.

I have to tell you that I was working on my recent photo trying to fix a reddish purple cast from the forehead of the young lady.  The color was under her bangs and I tried everything to remove it, but when I used that color, it took that cast away. I had been wondering if the neutral color had to come from the current photo; apparently not.  I have saved that color in my swatches palette for these kinds of discolorations.

Mary

Dave

Alluringdeceit,

Near the top of your screean on the left hand side there's a box for Photoshelter that links you to the galleries.

Dave

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Dave

I should also add that you must be logged in to see it.

Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Hannie

Great to see this topic again, almost forgot about the methods that are mentioned here and they work well.
Really worth a try for anyone having problems with discoloring etc. you have to read this!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]