• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Winona Post

Started by schen, April 25, 2008, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

Ok, for lack of knowledge... what are you wearing Chen?  I would think they enhance the photo or magnify would be a better word, at least I hope so.

schen

Chris loaned me this thing called "muckscope" that allowed me to see through the muck on the damaged photos.

Technically, it is just a pair of magnifying glasses that I can wear over my reading glasses to see things up close.  It's tough getting old.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Aha!  A muckscope!  Mmmmmm, I wonder if Chris also has a pro-muckscope that she uses to get a preview of what the photo can look like after some thorough spot/muck machine treatment?  ::)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

Oh Hannie, don't even go there!!  LOL    :-[

schen

Chris,

I found that Bozeman snowed yesterday morning and will snow again this evening.  I have to admire your power of moving weather with you.   :wnw:

Shujen
Shujen Chen

cmpentecost

Hello everyone,

I'm back home in Bozeman, after a great week in Winona and at my parent's house.  Fortunately, the snow Bozeman had yesterday melted, and there is significantly less snow on the ground now than when I left a week ago.  This morning's paper mentioned we've had a colder and wetter than normal spring, which has been very obvious to me!

I was not able to be online very often when visiting my parents, so I have a LOT of catching up to do today.  Fortunately, my flight arrived on schedule last night, AND my luggage arrived with me.

Christine

schen

Technically

Friday, April 25, we (Chris, Jan, Margie and I) transported our equipments and supplies in the pouring rain from the motel to the Winona County Historical Museum.  Tom and Jeremiah arrived with more equipments.  Together we set up the tables, copy stands and the computers.  People at the museum were very helpful in providing resources.

When the door opened, Chris and Jan sat down in front of their computers to set up the folders for photo intake.  Margie was at the reception desk taking in the photos.  Tom and I were never on an OPR copy run and did not know where to start, so we just stood there watching. 

After the third client showed up, Chris looked at the photos piling up then stared at Tom and I and said "We have photos to copy.  Technically, we should start."

"Technically" became the word.

Shujen Chen