• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newbie's conundrum

Started by zinger, April 20, 2008, 12:16:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinger

I got a new one. Here are my questions:
1. Two folks here are headless. I mean HEADLESS! There is no information in any channel. Do I leave them headless or erase their bodies?

Thanks so much for your attention and guidance.
Jeff

cmpentecost

Hmm...interesting question.  Could you put hydrangeas in there?  (just kidding......BAD joke).  I think I'd leave them in.  It might make more of a challenge to remove them.  I kinda doubt that they are the key people of the photo, so if removed, it probably wouldn't be noticed.  Would it create a gap if they were removed?  Don't you like my "to the point, specific answer" here?!  The guy with just the arm is pretty hidden.  The spotted dress lady is a bit more of an issue. 

What do the rest of you guru's think?

Chris

Tess (Tassie D)

Great answer Chris. :) There isn't much to go on. I found the negative gave a good idea of positions etc but still no heads.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

klassylady25

As for the guy, he's leaning forward so his head is actually behind the lady.  You can see the top of his head and forhead. The other gal is headless.

zinger

Chris, I don't think this time that my problem is Hydrangeas. (you cracked me up on that one)

Tassie D, Thanks for the idea with the negative, I didn't try that one. But, it still didn't reveal anything - shucks!

Klassy, It took me several moments flipping back and forth between the original, the b&W version and the negative to really be convinced the headless guy was leaning forward but you are correct. Now please find the lady's lost head for me - you seem to have some type of super human vision. Thanks.

Ratz

My 2cents worth, I would fake leaning- forward-mans head...(well spotted Candy)... and crop the other out, there is just nothing there.

glennab

Vicki, I'm with you.  I'd crop the headless woman out of the photo rather than try to fill in a gap of no other apparent significance. I'm going to post a question in a new thread about this issue, as it came up in many instances while we were collecting images in Biloxi, and I am seeing the ongoing dilemma of whether or not to try to recreate something that's just plain NOT THERE when we're restoring.

Jeff, good luck on this one.  You do love pain, don't you!

Bless,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hi Jeff,

Is she really headless?  When I look at Tess' negative I can clearly see a women's head turned as if she is looking towards the back of her....

>:D
(I'm feeling very evil today!)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

laportelj

A possible solution using composites of other heads in photo createing nonidentifiable persons.
Jane

schen

I like Jane's solution of creating an unidentifiable head.   :up2:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

I agree on Jane's solution.  Good idea Jane!

Chris

zinger

OK, I'll try Jane's solution. I think that's brilliant. Besides, the cool people like schen and Chris think it is great.

As for Hannie, she's being mean to me for no reason >:D. She never seemed like a bully to me until now. ;D

Time to get to work.........

schen

Hi Jeff,

I think Hannie is right.  I do see a head there now.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

:funny:

Too funny!

Christine

Hannie

Oh no it is Prudence, my long lost sister!  have I finally found her after all these years?? (love her dress)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]