• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A very unique donation!

Started by cmpentecost, April 12, 2008, 05:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I received a shipment of about 50 photos this week, so I got them all packaged up and took them to the post office this morning.  It was about 10 packages or so.  Anyway, the woman who assisted me at the post office started asking me all sorts of questions about OPR...how to we restore the photos, how many people restore the photos, how do we pay for our expenses, etc.  When we finished getting everything processed, the charges came to $38.  The postal clerk then reached into her pocket, pulling out a $10 bill, and applied her $10 to our shipping charges, thereby reducing the amount I had to pay to $28.   I was so touched and moved by her generosity.  What an unexpected, but generous gift!

There are a lot of wonderful and generous people in this world!

Christine

Mhayes

How touching, because you really wouldn't expect that at the Post Office. Are you sure you didn't get confused and she was giving you a bribe to stay home? OK, enough kidding, tell her we all really appreciate her generosity!  :hug:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Dave

Hey Margie,

I used to work at the post office. Albeit, I was fired, but I was still generous back then.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

Charlene5

What a kind thing to do!  It almost restores my faith in humanity  >:D
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

It's wonderful how generous people are.
Tess Cameron