• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A "thank you" gift received..

Started by cmpentecost, April 10, 2008, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I received a box of pralines today from Jeff Kuhn, a photo owner in the Gulf Coast.  What a sweet treat and surprise!  I only wish I could share these with all of you, because it's all of you, as volunteers, that make OPR what it is.  HOWEVER.....if I can keep myself from digging in, I will plan to bring my box of pralines with me on the Winona trip, so for any of you joining me in Winona, you will get to share in this most delightful southern treat.

Christine

Hannie

What selfcontrol Chris, I would have eaten the chocolates the first day I got them!  ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

It's going to be hard Hannie!

Actually, pralines aren't chocolates, but a sugary type candy with pecans in them.  They are a big thing in New Orleans and the deep South.  Yum, yum!

Chris

kiska

Yeah. We'll see how many get to Winona.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Charlene5

Watch it, Chris - pralines are scientifically formulated to affix themselves straight to your butt and thighs and will not be budged  :funny:
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

It gets confusing with all these different terms. I'm the same as Hannie, pralines out here are soft filled chocolates.
The pralines in the US are like a chewy or hard caramel with pecans in them?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

The ingredients, in order, are sugar, milk, pecans, vanilla and butter.  This is from About.com:

Definition: A candy originating in Louisiana consisting primarily of a brown sugar-based sugar syrup and pecans. The candy is formed into small patties and often has a slightly crumbly, grainy texture.
Pronunciation: PRAW-leen, PRAY-leen

As for the affixing themselves straight to the butt and thighs, I see on the box these are fat free, sugar free, calorie free, and are only capable of adding spots to photos!  :funny:

Christine

Mhayes

Could we please  have a picture of the pralines in the box before you get the urge to start snacking. This will give us a tally to compare with what actually shows up in Winona. On the other hand, you deserve a treat!  ;)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ratz

Be sure to have one for me when you get to Winona!

cmpentecost

Ya know Margie, I can take a photo of them, but there is such a thing as the clone stamp!

C

kiska

See, see! She's already got her evil plan plotted out.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Look on the positive side, while she is engaged by the pralines, the wine may be safe. >:D

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Kiska, your rendering says it all!  Now Chris will have to find someone to guard the stash against hotel staff (at least if they're culprits like the ones in Biloxi!).  If I were there, the pralines would be gone quicker than you can say "Hoover lips!"  I love those things.  Even thinking about how sweet they are makes my throat close up!  You can't eat just one or eight!

Enjoy, guys; pralines are small mounds of ambrosia!

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

You guys are SO bad!!

Considering we are flying into Wisconsin, which is cheese head country, we'll have cheese with our wine!  Pralines will be our dessert!

Chris