• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anyone have night vision?

Started by glennab, April 06, 2008, 12:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

Glenna, don't be taking pics of lightening on my account, I see plenty of it here. Last year it struck a utility pole across the street and one of our very old oaks got hit the year before that. The first spring we were here I experienced my first awesome storm. I sat in the hallway scared out of my wits while the windows lit up and the house shook! I got use to the storms after a while and now we turn off all the lights in the house and watch the show, the lights eventually go out any way. The longest we've been without power is 3 and a half days. Now we have a generator for such emergencies so we can at least turn the coffee pot on and run the fridge from time to time so we don't loose all our frozen foods. The only phenomenon we had to deal with in California was earthquakes. Those can be pretty terrifying but the big ones don't happen very often but when they do it's pretty awful to see the doors in the house swinging back and forth and the chandelier swinging mightily from side to side over the dining room table. I have been outside when one struck and actually saw the ground rolling. Now that pretty scary!

Mary

glennab

Good grief, Mary.  We may have more lightning than you do, but I've never experienced the type of physical effects you describe.  A close clap of thunder will startle the daylights out of me and rattle the windows, but other than losing a tree and the other damage I mentioned, that's the worst we've encountered.  And because the power company is so accustomed to dealing with blown transformers, we're seldom without electricity for more than a few hours, if that.

Shujen, I use command-S on the Mac – obviously not as often as I should.  I'm the keyboard shortcut queen.  Seldom use the pull-downs at all for the tools, effects and values I use most often.  My challenge is that I use several other programs at work, and they all have different shortcuts.  Makes for some interesting confusion at times!

Glenna...

...mumbling "remember to save, remember to save!"
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

glennab

Okay, my eagle-eyed pals, here's the best I could figure to do, and your suggestions were invaluable.  Mary, I couldn't figure out how to create decent looking hair, so I "borrowed" yours and planted it on my restoration, backing off a little on the opacity.

I'd appreciate your letting me know if you see anything else that needs to be worked on.  If not, I'm sending these lovelies home.

Cheers, and thanks again for all your help with this one.

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Nice one Glenna! :up:

It strikes a nice balance between the important subject and the background, and doesn't create any distracting elements in the background. Send the ladies home!

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Great job Glenna!   :up:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Glenna, this looks beautiful, I have no picks at all!  Imagine that!  The family will be so happy when they see it.  Great job.

Mary   :loveit:

cmpentecost

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz