• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A rendering not a restore and needing help desperately

Started by mschonher, March 30, 2008, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschonher

I'm embarrassed to post this rendering but I'm desperate for help with the hands! As you can see this is not a restore but a rendering of the original photo. I have searched on line for photos of hands in a similar position but cannot find any. I'm wondering if any of you have ideas for me?

At this point the drawing is very soft looking and as well as the hands it is not quite finished. I want to be done with this photo, I've had it a long time and want to move on with other work. If I could find some photos of ladies hands perhaps I could "cheat" and use them. I'm so out of practice drawing but even when I did do it regularly I struggled with hands. I appreciate any input.

Mary :'(

mschonher

I forgot to add that you gave me such great on the dress that I'm depending on you to come through for me with these hands.

Mary

glennab

Hi Mary

Can you say "Baby Ruffy!"  Wow, what a challenge.

A good place to get reference photos is a site like photos.com.  I just went there and typed in "hands" and got 377 images.  You can't actually use the photos, as there's a watermark on them, but you can download a large thumbnail by right clicking on an image and saving it to your desktop. It's a great resource. Maybe you'll find something there.  Good luck!

Glenna

P.S. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous.  You're amazing!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hi Mary,

What a work of art you have done with this one-- absolutely beautiful! I thought I could help by trying to get in the same pose as the model. For some reason, this didn't work out as a simple: "Monkey see, monkey do!"  Another problem is substituting an old hen for a young chic, but maybe it will be of some help.

Margie

PS Sorry about the ring, but nothing short of amputation would get it off.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

mschonher

You have no idea how disgusted I am with this one! I've been working weeks on the hands with little success.  I have come so close to just giving up on this photo but then I think about the person who submitted it to OPR.

Margie, I think this might help me out I'm going to try it.
Glenna, thanks for the kind words on the hair and yes this is just as awful as Baby Ruffino!
I feel so bad for the family of this photo. I don't even think it looks like the lady in the photo. Anyway, I'm going to see it through to the end no matter what. I'm going to check out that web site Glenna, thanks for that.

Keep the ideas and suggestions coming, I really appreciate them...................Mary

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hi Mary,

I think Margie's photo can help a lot when it comes to knowing where to add some shading.  You could use it as an example , work with both images next to each other and look back and forth between the two rapidly while you add tiny bits of shade.

You did a great job, wish I could draw hair like that!

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]