• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Any idea what this says?

Started by cmpentecost, March 29, 2008, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmpentecost

I'm thinking something like "R-O-O?-S-E-T-T-E???????  What do you all think??

Thanks!

Chris

schen

ROOSEVELT?

Just my wild guess.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

cmpentecost

It could be.  I've looked at it a gazillion times today, and now, for the first time, it looks like it could be Roosevelt!  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris

kiska

Roosevelt seems right but is the lectern wide enough for it?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

schen

Quote from: cmpentecost on March 29, 2008, 06:56:03 PM
and now, for the first time, it looks like it could be Roosevelt! 

The power of suggestion.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

Wordmatcher came up with these?

7 letters
roobars roodday roofers roofing rooftop rooibos rooinek rookery rookies rooking rookish roomers roomful roomier roomies roomily rooming rooping roosing roosted rooster rootage rootcap rooters rootier rooting rootled rootles rootlet
8 letters
roodbeam roodloft roodtree roofings roofless rooflike roofrack rooftops rooftree rooineks roomette roomfuls roomiest roommate roosters roosting rootages rootball rootbeer rootcrop rootedly rootfast roothair roothold rootiest rootings rootknot rootless rootlets rootlike rootling
9 letters
roodtower roofboard roofplate roofracks roofscape rooftrees rookeries roomettes roominess roomingin roommates roosevelt rootballs rootbound rootcanal rootcrops rootholds rootprune rootstock
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

I agree with Chen on this one,

Theo (on top)
Roosevelt (bottom)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

zinger

I love puzzles, but I always expect the correct answer to appear in tomorrow's paper.

There is a nice aged hotel in downtown Seattle referred to as "The Roosevelt". I would expect any hotel named "Roosevelt" to be called "THE" Roosevelt. If this is a lectern, then to have a sign on it with the hotel's name would have been normal (assuming this is a Hotel).

Going to the blue channel with a lot of sharpening and other adjustments and you can see in red the portions of the letters that are mostly visible. Highlighted in blue are the portions of the letters that appear through the goo. I could not detect anything that would indicate an 'o' after 'The' to make it a "Theo" (green circle).

I think the style of the lectern is a simple three legged type. I think the leg to the right is obscured by the ectoplasm. You can see the flat top of the lectern extends to the right of the most right visible leg (center leg)

cmpentecost

Great research Jeff.  Thanks so much.  I think it is Roosevelt, but I needed fresh eyes and other eyes to solve my puzzle.  I would have hated to send it back with the lecturn saying "The Rooster"!

Christine

zinger

Christine,

I am just offering my opinion here. My first thought was that there was no sign there, just a bouquet of hydrangeas - but that's another story.

Good Luck

cmpentecost

By golly, I think you're right!  They are hydrangeas!   :funny:   :funny:

Christine

laportelj