• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Beast

Started by laportelj, March 07, 2008, 01:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laportelj

This one is going to take time, any helpful hints are truly appreciated.
Jane

klassylady25

I can identify with this one, only all my guys were in the military.  lol 
Looks like fun!!  And we know how challenging this will be so that makes it all the more so.

weewood

It looks like its going to be mostly the healing brush. You might also check out PanosFX. They have free special effects. Here's one for Black & White photos.  http://www.panosfx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=186&Itemid=27
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

glennab

Hi WW

Welcome to the forum!  I checked out the site with the effects to which you referred, and I'm going to go back after work and see if there's anything I can use.  Have you tried any of the software?  I was pleased to note that it's available for Macs.  One frustration with a lot of the interesting effects sites is that many are only compatible with PCs.

Anyway, thanks for a great reference. Hope to see you on the forum often!

And Jane, don't hesitate to use the patch tool as well as the healing brush.  It isn't always the best tool for the job, but there are times, especially with areas of small goobers (this is a technical term for tiny icky spots), on which I find I have better luck patching.  The healing brush often gives me very strange artifacts.  (I may be doing something wrong, for all I know.)

Cheers,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

Yes, I have used PANOSFX special effects, and they work great. Another resource is http://www.retouchpro.com/. Its another forum, very similar to NAPP. I like the NAPP forums the best, but you have to be a member to post.

Ah, the patch tool. It can give some strange artifacts as well. The usually happens when the area you what to heal is too close the an opposite color. With Black and White, you might get white where you don't what it and vise  :up:versa. Then you need the clone tool to correct.  :up:     
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

laportelj

Thank you weewood I will check that out!
Glenna, I am totally with you on all you said , Thanks!

Jane